22│HOSPITAL VISITS

❝Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students❞

Solomon Ortiz

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

You got your milk," Cory poured some milk into the blender.

"You got your peanut butter," Shawn added a spoonful of peanut butter.

"You like strawberries right?" Elena asked as she threw a few into the blender.

"What about a raw egg?" Shawn asked as he held up an egg.

Cory grimaced, "Ew. Why does it have to be raw? Why can't we scramble it and put it in?"

"Stallone drinks raw eggs." Shawn pointed out.

"Stallone is like 5'2," Cory exclaimed.

"Do you really think you can talk, short stack?" Elena raised a brow at Cory.

"Go with the egg, baby." Cory cheered as Shawn cracked the egg into the blender.

"This is going to be disgusting," Elena laughed.

"You'll be thanking us when you grow ten inches."

"Aw, you actually thought I was going to drink this?" Elena laughed as she threw in a chilli pepper, "I'm not but I am going to have so much fun watching you two drink this."

"Okay, we're not going to make a mess." Cory asserted as he placed the lid on the blender, "Just because we're kids with a blender doesn't mean we have to make a mess."

"That might be the smartest thing I've ever heard you say," Elena smiled proudly.

"Boy, you are mommy whipped," Shawn said as he took the lid off and hit the button.

"Aah!" Cory exclaimed as he, Shawn, and Elena jumped away from the blender.

Cory and Shawn pushed Elena behind them to try and keep her clean as they ran to shut the blender off.

Elena sighed as she saw them hitting the blender blindly before pushing them out of the way and pushing the 'off' button.

"Now, that, I could never do at my house." Shawn laughed as they looked around the kitchen.

"It's probably best that way," Elena huffed.

"Oh, my mom!' Cory panicked as he heard the front door open and close "Elena, back me up. I wanted to use the lid, I was Lid Boy."

Elena stifled a laugh as she watched Amy open the door and take one look at them before walking back out.

"Okay, fine. I'll clean it up," Cory exclaimed, "You don't have to scream."

"I never knew ditching you two could be that easy," Elena pointed out as Shawn and Cory frowned at her.

"Because you can't," Shawn huffed.