12│EVERYBODY LOVES ELENA

❝I had all and then most of youSome and now none of youI don't know what I'm supposed to doHaunted by the ghost of you❞

Some and now none of you
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you❞

The Night We Met | Lord Huron

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Pretty cool, huh, Topanga?" Elena smiled proudly as she turned to her best friend only for her face to fall when she saw it was Shawn sitting next to her, "Oh."

"I thought it looked cool," He said earnestly with a smile as he glanced at the wedding gift she'd chosen for Lydia and George.

"I don't give a damn what you think, Shawn," She snapped dryly, making him wince. "Why are you always following me anyway?" She asked with furrowed brows, just now realizing how he seemed to always be wherever she was recently.

He grinned at her. "My mom always said to follow my dreams," He shrugged cheekily.

She let out a dry laugh. "Jokes on you, my mom always said I'm a nightmare."

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"I believe a person is responsible for her own destiny and can be anything she wants. If she wants it bad enough and she never, ever gives up," Topanga told the class confidently.

Stuart, their relatively young new professor, clapped his hands. "Ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for Topanga Lawrence! The next president of the United States."

"Uh, everybody, that makes me the first lady," Cory said proudly, "See how secure I am in my sexuality?"

"Now, come on, Topanga," Stuart arched a brow, "You really believe all the Little Mary Sunshine stuff?"

She nodded without hesitation. "Yes, I do."

"So do I... To a point," He added quickly before turning to point at Shawn, "Shawn!"

"Stuart!" Shawn called back, for once actually paying attention in a class.

"Nice haircut!"

"Thanks, eight bucks," Shawn said proudly.

"Looks like it," Stuart teased, "Now Topanga just spouted a philosophical belief, what is it?"

"Free will."

Stuart's eyes widened comically as he pretended to be shocked. "Hey, he's a big deal with the new hair!"

Shawn chuckled. "She's in charge of her actions and therefore creates her own destiny," He explained.

"Good hair and good answer," Stuart nodded, "You believe her?"

"In my experience, you don't bet against Topanga or you get your butt kicked by Elena."