17│CHERRY BOMB BLOWUP

❝I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty

❝I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty. You don't ever want to second-guess whether you can tell your friend something.❞

 Lauren Conrad

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Hi, dad."

"Hi, Mr. Matthews." Cory and Elena as they passed Alan on their way to the front door.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." He called as he came to a stop in front of them, "Baseball? In this storm? I don't think so."

"It's just a drizzle." Cory tried to justify.

A loud crack of thunder echoed throughout the house and was quickly followed by a flash of lightning.

"A thundery, stormy kind of drizzle," Elena added, sarcastically.

She wasn't up for playing baseball, it wasn't really her thing but she liked hitting the ball as hard as she could with the bat.

I don't think it's normal to be so happy about hitting something, Elena thought to herself, Nah, it's probably more than normal.

"Mhm." Alan hummed sarcastically as he saw Cory give him a hopeful smile, "Forget it, wise guy. Find something to do around here."

"We've been sitting inside all day. What are we supposed to do for fun?" Cory asked, exasperatedly.

"Have tea with your sister."

"I made red zinger," Morgan called as she held up her pink teacup.

"Yeah, zing this," Cory said before running up the stairs.

Elena rolled her eyes at Cory's dismissal to his sister, "I'll play with you Morgan."

"This is why you're my favorite!" Morgan smiled brightly as she hugged Elena tightly.

"Awe, you're my favorite too."

"Hey! I heard that!"

The two laughed as they heard Cory whining.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"You guys can't tell anyone that I'm here," Shawn told Cory and Elena as he tugged off his wet jacket.

"Right, right." Cory nodded as Elena wrapped a towel around Shawn's shoulders.

"You're going to get sick," She huffed as she patted his hair down with a towel.

Shawn grinned as he glanced over at her, "Awe, you worry about me."

"Of course I do, you're kind of an idiot if you haven't realized."

"At least I'm your idiot." Shawn smiled cheekily as Elena playfully swatted his arm with the towel.