5 ║ THE THANKSGIVING REUNION

❝I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else

❝I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else.❞

Nick Mercer

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Farkle, you can have a nice Thanksgiving anywhere," Elena promised, "I spent one in Vegas."

"You did?" Maya asked in shock.

Shawn, Elena, Maya, and Farkle were driving to the Matthews' apartment for Thanksgiving. And Farkle, while he loved spending time with them, wasn't happy. He had a routine and he didn't like change.

Elena always said that was one of the things that made him so perfect for Riley since she too hated change.

This year would be the first time Farkle was having Thanksgiving away from home. Things were very messy at the Minkus household, his parents couldn't even be in the same room anymore. But even that wasn't new, in fact, it was part of Farkle's routine. As sad as it was, listening to his parent's fight was very much part of his Thanksgiving tradition.

But this year was different. Stuart Minkus had reached out to Elena and asked her if she could have Farkle celebrate Thanksgiving with her instead. He didn't want to ruin another one of his son's Thanksgiving, especially with just how bad things were going with Jennifer right now.

So, Elena was doing her very best to convince Farkle that new traditions could be just as good, and even better than the old.

"Yeah, back when I was living with Eric," She explained with a chuckle at the memories, "It was actually more fun than I thought. We gambled, we went to one of those cheesy wedding chapels, we had a really good turkey dinner. Which was surprising, since we were at a casino."

The car jolted as Shawn, in his shock, accidentally slammed onto the breaks. He was snapped out of his shock when the car behind him honked loudly and his grip on the steering wheel tightened until his knuckles were white. He really hoped he'd heard wrong.

"Wait, you went to a chapel?" He repeated tightly as he tried to focus on the road.

"Yeah," Elena nodded, not seeing what the big deal was.

"Why?" He asked impatiently.

"We had one of those silly fake weddings," She chuckled nonchalantly.

Shawn's eyes widened as he turned to glance at her quickly wanting to see if she was joking or not. God, he hoped she was joking. But the look on her face told him she wasn't. "Elena, you know those are real, right?" He said incredulously as he turned back to the road.

"This is insane!" Maya's jaw dropped in disbelief.

"What's the big deal, y'know? It's not like it's a real marriage," She shrugged casually.

Farkle stared at her in shock. "What?!"

"Yeah, if you get married in Vegas, you're only married in Vegas," She explained confidently, "Y'know, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."