19│GRADUATING CLASS OF 1998

❝​​I know I'm probably better off on my ownThan lovin' a man who didn't know what he had when he had itAnd I know why we had to say goodbye, like the back of my handBut I just miss you and I just wish you were a better man❞

Than lovin' a man who didn't know what he had when he had it
And I know why we had to say goodbye, like the back of my hand
But I just miss you and I just wish you were a better man❞

Better Man | Taylor Swift

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

This was the seniors of John Adams High's last week in school before their graduation. The seniors were buzzing excitedly as they walked the halls flipping through their freshly printed yearbooks.

Frankie and Joey, Harley's ex-lackey's, stole two yearbooks instead of picking up their own copies as one last throwback to their high school days.

"Cory, Shawn," Frankie called happily, "Because we have shared both times good and bad, we would be honored if you would sign these yearbooks we have pilfered."

Shawn raised a brow in shock. "You took somebody else's yearbooks?"

"You get your own," Cory stammered out in disbelief.

Joey brushed them off and shrugged. "Where's the joy in that?" He chuckled.

It took a moment, but Cory smiled. "You know what? Shawn, even Frankie and Joey have the spirit this week, right? I mean, what would you like me to say?" He asked as he got a pen out.

Frankie grinned as he held out his yearbook to him. "Just put down your address."

Joey nodded, doing the same to Shawn. "Yeah, y'know, and what time you're not gonna be home. Y'know, you don't have a big dog or nothin', do ya?"

Once their yearbooks were signed, they snapped them shut swiftly and smiled at the pair of best friends. "Boys, take care of yourselves, and remember; always stay friends," Frankie said sternly.

Cory nodded with a smile. "That's nice, Frankie."

"Yeah, well, we like to think of ourselves as the Cory and Shawn of the underworld," He grinned.

"Oh, I wanna be Cory," Joey begged excitedly, "Can I be Cory?"

"That makes me Shawn," Frankie patted his best friend's shoulder warmly.

"Ooh! And Harley's Elena!" Joey realized as they walked down the halls to find some students to mess with for old times' sake.

"You see that Shawn, huh?" Cory pointed to the pair, "Do you see how important this week is? Saying goodbye to people we might never see again. Saying goodbye to people who've been around, but we've sort of lost touch with."

Shawn seemed to be the only senior who wasn't excited or even at all fazed by their last week in school. He just didn't care at all actually. And Cory could not accept that because he knew Shawn would regret not making his last week here count.