Chapter 21

Geno awoke the next morning, a tear stained face and he was visibly shaking. The morning air was cold and it was clearly raining, judging by the rain falling constantly down the window.  He glanced beside him and noticed Reaper was missing. The blanket was tangled slightly and had no presence of heat, showing he had been gone for a while. Geno came to the conclusion that he had probably gone out to reap. He still did have a job after all. His whimpered slight climbing out of bed and getting changed into more appropriate attire for this weather.

As much as his previous clothes included a sweatshirt, hoodie and pants, he still found it chilly to, wear. Due to him only having one pair of clothes, he was forced to wear Reaper's attire. His whole wardrobe was monochrome, not that Geno minded too much. He slipped out of his previous clothes and pulled Reaper's over his head and covered his legs. Reaper's clothes were drastically oversized fro Geno, the pants falling off almost instantly. A small Yelp escaped his mouth as he pulled them back up and quickly found something to keep them up.

After his clothes were settled he moved toward the kitchen and looked around. There was actual food. Food Geno hadn't eaten in what seemed like years. Grabbing a bowl he stuffed it with chips and other confectionary, mainly chocolate. He hummed slightly and walked toward the couch, turning on the television and crashing for the rest of the day. Shows played on and off and Geno was lulled into slumber, waking up again shortly as the front door was slammed open. The cloaked God walked through and went to collapse on the couch when he saw Geno. The smaller obviously startled to see him there.

"Heya, sweetheart~ Miss me?" Reaper purred, moving closer and hugging Geno slightly. The other skeleton hissed and pushed him away.
"Yeah right." He mumbled, pushing his face into his scarf. Reaper chuckled and pushed the other over, sitting down as he did.
"Wearing my clothes I see?" Reaper asked, quite amused. Geno's face erupted into a light blush as he looked at himself. Reaper laughed softly and leaned in to give Geno a small kiss. Geno pushed him off and jumped off the couch. He didn't feel like getting all cuddly, he never really did.

He walked off and crashed on their now shared bed, hoping Reaper would leave him alone. That wasn't the case. Reaper joined him on the bed and bring him close, causing the smaller to growl in frustration. He scooted away and glared at the other. Reaper frowned and tried to scoot toward him. Geno scooted away further and ended up falling off the bed, slamming his head onto the ground quite harshly. Reaper glanced over the side of the bed and laughed.

"You alright there, Gen?" He asked, quite amused. Geno narrowed his eyes and stood up.
"I'm fine. I'm fine. Just need a little alone time." He replied, straightening the collar of the shirt he was wearing. Reaper smirked.
"Oh, okay them. You need a little lubricant because I can get y-" Reaper was cut off by Geno snorting, a small growl also escaping his mouth.
"Not that kind of alone time!" He snapped, walking over and slapping Reaper's cheek.

Reaper pretended to whine and pout, bringing his hand to his cheek.
"Love you, Geno." He whispered. Geno scoffed and walked off. This left Reaper on the bed alone, still grabbing his cheek and actually starting to whine.
"The only question is, do you actually love me?"

A few days had passed and Geno was home alone, again. He was curled up onto the couch, blanket covering him as small whimpers left his mouth. Reaper had already gotten used to coming home to see Geno curled up onto the couch crying. Geno always called is is exestensial hour, an hour where he could just cry to ease the pain he felt day by day. Whenever Reaper would try to comfort him Geno would just say to piss off, leave home alone and other things. Every time Geno would say such things, Reaper would be put down by it. He didn't want to show it but it always did.

Reaper had already came to the conclusion that Geno didn't like him the way he said. He thought Geno was only playing along, misleading him. He felt like Geno had just discarded him, only using him for free shelter and food. So, when he had enough of it, he wanted to confront Geno and today was the day. He opened the door and walked over to the whimpering skeleton on the couch.

"Geno? I'd like to talk." Reaper stated bluntly, walking over to the small skeleton. Geno grumbled and looked out from underneath the sheets. His face was tear stained and his nose was running.
"Yes what is it? I'm a little busy." He mumbled. Reaper inhaled and kneeled down beside him.

"Do you love me?" (It autocorrected Me to Jesus. What the hell am I doing to my phone?) Geno looked at him shocked.
"What kind of question is that?! Of course I do!" He yelled slightly, darting out of the blankets covering him. Reaper looked down at the ground and sighed.

"I'm serious Geno. Do. You. Love. Me?" By now Geno was losing patience. He was sick of Reaper acting this way. He never did before and he sure didn't like it now. Looking up at Reaper, he slapped him harshly across the face.
" Of course I do Reaper. My question is, why are you asking me?" Geno asked back, sitting up and rubbing his face clean. Reaper looked away and stood.

"Never mind, it was pointless to ask. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to put some ice on my cheek." He responded,walking off into the kitchen. Geno sat there in shock, uncertain of what had just occurred. Stunned was all he could really describe what he was feeling right now. Geno arouse off the couch and followed Reaper, not wanting to be alone.

"Reaper, come here." Geno begged quietly. Reaper turned and looked at Geno, a slight glare in his eyesockets. Geno jumped back a bit startled at the glare, yet he still walked  toward the taller. The taller stood, slumping slumping slight and crossed his arms, huffing.
"Yes? What is it Geno?" Geno stopped in his tracks. Never since he met Reaper had he heard him talk with such venom in his words. What had he done to make his so mad?

"Reaper, I need to know what's wrong. You're acting strange all of a sudden and what do you mean it was pointless-"

"Oh I don't know Geno. Maybe because you have been pushing me away recently. Maybe because I'm starting to feel neglected, like you don't care anymore. Sometimes I wonder whether my thoughts are true. At first I was like, 'No, Geno loves me and I love him' but now it only feels like I'm the only one showing any affection!" Reaper yelled, cutting Geno off. His words shocked him.

Reaper growled and pushed pass Geno, shoving him into the counter and storming off. The small skeleton slammed against the marble countertop, letting out a small sound of pain as he did. His eyes trembled as small tears began to fall and he ran after the other, calling out to him. Reaper, of course, ignored him and ran out through the front door, running off down the street.

Geno stopped as he reached the door, falling to his knees and covering his mouth to stop whimpers from coming out. His body leaned against the frame as he watched Reaper disappear down the street, to weak to stand and to weak to call out and stop him.

~With Reaper~
Reaper continued to storm off down the road, tripping every now and then due to rocks on the pavement. He whipped his eyes, a few stray tears leaking out. He wasn't to sure why he was crying, natural things he guessed.

Reaper huffed when he reached a park, sitting on a seat. He groaned and stared up at the clouds, them having a calming feeling radiating off them in a way. Reaper looked away from the clouds an developed his head in his hands, letting out a long and deep sigh as he tried to contemplate what to do next. He knew what he said to Geno was awful and he should have even mentioned anything. He could of just said that he felt a little neglected. But no, he had to say everything on his mind. He had to tell Geno everything. As if their relationship wasn't already falling apart after last time they had a small bump with each other.

Reaper tried to crack as smile but of course it didn't really work. He rose to his feet and began to stroll home, thinking of what to say to Geno when he arrived back. An apology would be first but then what next? Tell him about his undying love or some shit? He whined as he approached the door, getting a little nervous. The wooden structure was still left open from when he stormed out, making worry wash over him.

He made his way inside calling out to Geno. He didn't hear much of a response, just a little bit of shuffling from their shared room. Reaper tilted his head slightly as he walked toward the bedroom door, twisting the handle and walking through.

____________________

Hnnnnn-