Too Close For Comfort

No Ones POV

Geno sat alone in the Save Screen cuddled in the blanket not wanting to move. He groaned now and then when the slash on his chest began to ache. He sat up and looked down at the blanket, it was covered in blood. He grumbled and stood tossing the blanket down beside him. Geno was bored and didn't know what to do. It was lonely in here when it was only him. He looked around at the darkness and sighed. "When is Death going to come back?" He asked the darkness sitting down next to the stained blanket. Geno looked down at his ribcage and sighed as he examined the red stripe going down it. "Maybe I should just check. . ."Geno Muttered lifting up his jumper. Located underneath was a ninth of a monster soul, only a fragment of it was left. It had been shattered long ago when Chara slashed him. His soul was the only part of him left that didn't seem to be crazy. Geno was depressed and everything round him was empty and dark. He sighed knowing he was going to be alone forever. He didn't want to get up from his spot so he laid down on his side slowly drifting off into a sleep.

Meanwhile Reaper was sat at his desk, absolutely tired from his day of reaping. He collapsed on his desk and began to hum his battle tune. "Fuck. . .I'm so lonely. . ."He admitted while sitting back up. He looked at the clock and read the time. "9:30pm. . .I could go and see Geno. . ." He told himself before standing and teleporting to the Save screen. Reaper walked around for a little before he spotted Geno sitting down next to the blanket he had given him the night before. he chuckled softly as he strode of to Geno making sure he wasn't making any noise. Geno still had his jumper lifted and he was to focused on his soul to notice Reaper standing directly beside him. "Good morning~"Reaper cooed sitting beside Geno. He jumped and immediately puled his jumper down, blushing blue in embarresment. "Well someone is quite jumpy today. Arnt they, Geno?" Reaper giggled leaning forward alittle so he was staring straight into Genos's eye sockets.

Reaper chuckled and and moved closer to Geno causing him to shiver and immediately scoot over. "So why were you looking at your rib cage?" Reaper asked looking over at Geno. "Are you hurt or does looking at your bones just turn you on?" He asked wriggling his eyebrows. Geno turned a darker shade of blue and turned to Reaper flailing about. "N-No it isn't either of them!" He shouted trying to convince Reaper. "Oh Really?" "Yes Really. . ." Geno sighed looking away from Reaper. Reaper just chuckled and pulled down the hood of his cloak. "Come on Geno what's wrong?" He asked facing Geno concern in his voice. Geno didn't want to tell, well he did but telling would mean he would have to show Reaper his soul and well it's not the best thing to show people unless you are extremely close. "N-no it's nothing really. . ." Geno lied trying to make Reaper drop the conversation. "You're lying." Reaper replied bluntly. "Just drop it!" He snapped jolting around so his gaze was locked with Reaper's. "Geno there is no point in lying. Is their something wrong with your soul? Cause then I can understand why you aren't telling me." Reaper told Geno trying to calm him, Geno looked down and sighed. "Yes it is my soul. . ." Geno admitted.

Reaper looked up at Geno and went to grab his chin but he knew where that would lead so he kept his arm still.  "H-hey mind if I take a look?" Reaper asked turning blue. Geno looked up and blushed a deep blue and reluctantly pulled up his jumper, showing Reaper his shattered ribs and his cracked soul. Reapers eye sockets widened at the sight. "Geno are you okay? Does it hurt? Is there anything I can do?" Reaper asked Geno trying to receive an answer. Geno shock his head and smiled at Reaper. "I have a question." Geno stated looking down. "When are you actually going to kill me? Isn't it you job?" Geno asked now on the brink of tears. Reaper gasped and scooted over to Geno. "Never. I am never going to kill you Geno. . .I will stay here with you."Reaper whispered reassuring Geno. Reaper stood up and summoned his scythe. He looked at it and remembered all the faces of all the monsters he had reaped with it. He sighed and chucked it across the screen hoping to never see it again. "W-why did you do that?" Asked Geno as Reaper sat beside him. "I don't want to see it ever again. It just reminds me of stuff I don't want to see." Reaper replied burying his face in his hands.

The two sat beside each other in silence for a great amount of time. Neither of them could think of anything to say or anything to do until Reaper came up with an idea. "Hey Geno want to go somewhere? You know get away from this place?" He asked taking his head out of his hands. Geno looked up at him and smiled. "Yes! I would like that very much!" He chirped bringing his fists to his chest. Reaper smiled and stood up. He created a portal for him and Geno to walk through. "Wait I can actually leave this place? Like go to a place where it isn't all black?" Geno asked looking at the portal. Reaper nodded and slowly walked through the portal waving his hand for Geno to follow him. Geno nodded and ran straight through the portal making sure he didn't accidentally bump into Reaper. "Where are we heading?" Geno chirped following close behind Reaper. "Just a place that many monsters wish to be." Reaper replied walking out of the portal. Geno's eyes widened at the sight of so many stars. "Welcome to Outertale, Geno!" Reaper exclaimed doing jazz hands in an effort to make it seem more entertaining.

"This is amazing!" Geno shouted running around and starring at the night sky. Reaper chuckled and followed Geno. "So you like it?" Reaper calmly asked sitting down. Geno nodded and sat beside Reaper still starring at the stars. Geno yawned and stretched his arms out. "Are you tired?" Asked Reaper. Geno nodded and laid down on his back. Reaper chuckled and laid down next to Geno. "Has anyone told you how cute you look?" Reaper asked Geno turning to face him. Geno's face turned a light shade of blue and he turned away from Reaper. "No, no one has. . ." He sighed slowly falling asleep. Reaper sighed and closed his eyes trying to fall asleep as well when he heard Geno whisper something. "I love you Reaper. . ."