Damn Dog

"Kili! Get back here!" Merlin yelled as he ran across the park trying to catch his German Shepard. Merlin had been sitting under his favorite tree, reading a new book when he looked back and saw an empty dog collar next to him. Looking around frantically he saw the familiar smile of his dog. Kili had somehow escaped his collar and now was taking off like a madman. Know Merlin was running through the park, trying to catch his damn dog. 

"Kili! Stop, come here boy," Merlin yelled again, and by a miracle, he stopped. Then Kili seemed to look at the man standing by the edge and then smirked at him. SMIRKED at him. Then he took off in the direction of the man. 

Oh, shit. Merlin thought and before he could even move Kili jumped on to the man sending both of them into the lake. 

"Fuck." Merlin gasped out he ran to the lake, Kili came running out with a smile and instantly came to sit at his feet. 

"You are an ass." Merlin grounded out as he clipped on his collar, slowly Merlin walked up to the lake as he watched the man walk out of the water.

Fuck, he's hot. Merlin thought as he looked at the man. The man had a head of golden blonde hair that he was running his hands through to get out of his face. His face, in Merlin's opinion, was perfect. He had a chiseled jawline, cheekbones that framed his face perfectly, and the most stunning pair of blue eyes. He was also built like a truck, Merlin could see his abs as his shirt stuck to him.  He had broad shoulders that lead into narrow hips, to Merlin he was built like a God. At his feet, Kili let out a bark causing Merlin to come back to reality. Merlin ran forward so he was standing in front of the man. 

"I'm so sorry. He somehow escaped his collar when I wasn't looking and took off. God, he didn't damage anything, did he? I'm sorry."The guy finally looked at Merlin and gave him a confused look before looking down at Kili. 

"I don't even know what happened. What did happen? One second I was fine then the next I was wet." The man said gesturing to himself. 

"I was reading by a tree, my dog Kili is an ass and found a way to get his collar off. Then he found you and pushed you in. Cause like I said he's an ass." Merlin was expecting to be yelled at and have to find a new park to read at.  What he didn't expect was for the man to squat down and laugh at Kili. He didn't expect for the man to start petting Kili and start to smile broadly. 

"You silly dog." The man said he pet Kili, Kili just looked like he was having the time of his life. 

"You're not mad? My dog pushed you into a lake." Merlin asked extremely confused about what was happening. 

"Actually no. He did me a favor." 

"How so?" 

"Well you see, I've been trying to find a way to talk to you. I'm Arthur Pendragon." The man, Arthur, said holding his hand out. Merlin took his hand shaking it, still horribly confused. 

"Merlin Emrys." 

"Well, Merlin. I come here every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday because you come here to read under the same tree. I know I sound like a stalker, but I swear I'm not. I just find you extremely attractive and yet so unbelievably cute. So your dog pushing me in the lake is the least of my worries, right now I'm freaking out because I now realize how creepy I sound." 

"I think it's sweet." 

"You do?"

"I do," Merlin said blushing looking down at Arthur who was smiling widely at him. 

"Merlin, would you like to go get dinner with me tonight?" 

"Yeah, Arthur I would really like that," Merlin said as he stuck his hand out and help Arthur up. Together they started walking out of the park, Kili walking happily between them. For the first time Merlin thought that Kili wasn't such an ass. 

-The End