Ears

Merlin hated his ears. They stuck out, making him look stupid. So he always wears his black beanie. Making sure his ears were covered. What Merlin didn't know was that a certain friend of his loved his ears.

It was during P.E. when it happened. It was a free day. So Merlin was walking around the gym with Gwen and Morgana, while Arthur was playing basketball with Gwaine and Leon, on one side of the gym. On the other Valiant and his gang were playing basketball.

"Merlin, trust us, you are going to do great in the tournament. You're the best swimmer at the school." Gwen said.

"Really you think so?" Merlin asked, fidgeting with his hands.

"God, Merlin," Morgana groaned, " trust us you'll do specular. If you were as egotistical as Arthur you would have no problem."

"Morgana, he is not that bad. Usually, he is fine."

"Really Merlin! He is an arrogant prat."

Both Gwen and Merlin started laughing. Arthur and Morgana were always bickering.

Arthur heard him laugh. Looking over Arthur saw Merlin throwing his head back, his whole face lighting up as he laughed.

"Arthur watch out!" Leon yelled.

Arthur was too late, he was knocked in the chest hard by a basketball, throwing the air from his chest.

Looking over he saw Gwaine laughing his head off.

"Oh shut it."

"Head in the clouds, again?" Gwaine asked.

Arthur just rolled his eyes going to pick up the ball when Merlin came running over.

"Are you okay Arthur?" He asked

Looking up Arthur was meet with Merlins intense deep blue eyes, that had specks of gold in them.

"Umm.."

"Arthur?" 

"I'm okay Merls," Arthur said fast. Turning to walk away, his face going red. But Merlin grab is hand.

"Are you sure? That looked like it hurt."

All Arthur could think about was the weight of Merlin's hand in his own hand.

"I'm okay," Arthur said, somehow forming words. 

"Alright," Merlin said as he turned to walk away.

"Merls, do you want to come back to mine after school?"

"Sure, I'll see you then," Merlin said as he walked back to Gwen and Morgana.

"Seriously Arthur when are you going to tell him?" Leon asked.

"You know he isn't going to turn you down," Gwaine added.

"I will, after school today. My dad's out of town and Morgana has futball practice."

"You better because it's getting pathetic." Gwaine teased.

"Oh shut it."

The class went on as usual until the teacher stepped out. All hell broke loose.  It started when Valiant approached Merlin.

"Hey faggot, how about you take off that stupid hat."

Merlin froze in his tracks, turning to Valiant he faced him tall.

"Fuck off!" Merlin said. Walking away, Gwen and Morgana following him.

"Don't listen to him, Merls," Morgana said.