treinta y tres.

Taehyung walked down the street, his thumb held out as the street lamps lit his way. A few cars passed paying him no mind, while others honking at him.

   Finally, after walking more than a mile, a beat up black truck pulled to the side of the road, where the driver could see Taehyung.

   "Where you headin', sunny?" an elder man asked as he rolled down the window, his eyes following Taehyung's shape against the low glow of the street.

   "Seoul," Taehyung gave the simplest response, knowing that it was insignificant to tell the person why.

   "Well, it ain't my destination," the man started, unlocking the doors. "But hop on in, I'll drive you close enough."

   Taehyung nodded and opened the door, sitting down on the seat and laying his bag in his lap, slamming the door.

   "So, whatcha doin' so far from Seoul?" The man started, taking his eyes off the road for a split second to glance at Taehyung.

   "Ah, I was just visiting some family," Taehyung flashed a nice smile, it leaving his face when he turned away.

   "Oh, how're they? Doin' good, I hope," the man seemed to be genuine, and it hurt Taehyung to lie to him.

   "Uh, yeah. They were great. It was nice to see them again," Taehyung wasn't completely lying. It was nice to see Namjoon. It just would've been better if the circumstances weren't so graphic. 

   "So, watcha got in Seoul? Job? Wife?" The man smiled while his eyes were still on the road, appearing to have a tick in his attitude.

   "Uhm, more like boyfriend?" Taehyung scratched the back of his neck nervously, hoping that the guy wouldn't kick him to the curb.

   "Awh, really now? What's 'is name?" the guy seemed... Okay with it? That's rare.

   "Oh, his name's Jimin. He's very cute, and sweet," Taehyung had a dumb smile on his face, his eyes looking out the window, hazy.

   "Well, you sure do speak fondly of the kid.  Bet he's a keeper," he winked at Taehyung, a cheeky smile on his face.

   "Uhm, sir, i never did get your name," Taehyung switched the subject, now feeling less awkward.

   "Ah, just call me pops, son. Ain't in too much of a rush to be known," the man made a left turn, his turn signal beeping.

-

   "Thanks so much again, pops," Taehyung smiled as he stepped out of the car, gently closing the door when his feet hit the gravel.

   "Hey, it ain't no problem. See ya around, sunny," the guy, pops, put the car back in drive, ready to pull away. "And good luck to you and Jimin."

   The man was nice enough to take Taehyung all the way to Seoul entrance, even though it was the opposite way of his original route. He decided to walk for what he can, it only being less than a mile to his and Jimin's apartment. Even though it was a short distance, he was still hoping a car would drive by to take him the rest of the way.

-

   Finally. He was home.

   Taehyung walked up to the door of their room, his tired legs wobbly. Right when he was about to knock, he heard footsteps falling on the floor on the opposite side of the door, and then... Shouting?

   "Park Jimin! You're undet arrest for the murder of Jeon Jeongguk!" The voice bellowed, followed by stomping and furniture being flipped.

   Wait... Jimin? Arrest?

   No. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. Why? Why this?

   Before the door had a chance to open, Taehyung threw himself and his belongings down an adjacent hallway, concealing his presence.

   "Yah, let me go, you bastards!" Jimin's voice shouted, the sound getting farther as they walked down the stairs.

   No.

   Not Jimin too.