veintiseis.

Taehyung woke up confused, not knowing where he was or who's arm was wrapped around his waist. All he knew was that he was sore. After a minute of regaining his thoughts of the night back, he knew that he was in his old apartment and that it must be Jeongguk with his arm around him. Then he remembered why he was really there.

   Sitting up carefully, as to not wake Jeongguk up, Taehyung reached for his coat, pulling the contents out and laying them on the floor, then reaching for his boxers and sliding them on, standing up and making his way to the kitchen, laying the baggie on the counter, pulling out a pot and filling it with water and setting it on the stove, waiting for it to boil.

   Once the water was boiling, Taehyung then sprinkled the Hemlock leaves in the water, making sure that there was enough of the deadly essence spread in the water before taking the pot off and straining it into a cup, adding sugar to take away from the obvious bitterness of the poison.

   When the deadly concoction was complete, Jeongguk walked out of the bedroom. 'Perfect timing.'

   "What'd you make?" Jeongguk asked, rubbing the tired out of his eyes. Sitting down at the table, Jeongguk let his eyes follow Taehyung's every move, the younger of the two completely oblivious as to what was coming for him.

   "I made tea," Taehyung had innocence dripping off his words, bringing the cup to the table and setting it down in front of Jeongguk, trying to keep the smirk off his lips.

   Jeongguk brought the cup up to his lips and took a sip of it, earning a satisfying smirk from Taehyung. Jeongguk, after silently deeming that nothing was bad about the tea, took another big swig, missing the sinister look in his boyfriend's eyes.

   "This is really good. What is it?" Jeongguk asked as he took another drink, finishing the cup. Looking up to Taehyung, Jeongguk was shocked to say the least.

   "Hemlock." Taehyung's voice was too sweet.

   Jeongguk's widened, no longer content with the situation. Jeongguk was no stranger to Hemlock, or anything of the sort, really. He had studied it once in high school for a botany project, and had figured it to be one of the most deadly plants known.

   "W-Wait, what?" Jeongguk was scared, knowing that there was no way he was going to survive with how much he drank. He was already feeling heavy.

   "Why?" Jeongguk tried to stand up, but all that he got a face full of ground. He tried to turn over himself, but it was like his body betrayed him. Like his muscles wouldn't work. The number one symptom. Taehyung, however, took it upon himself to turn Jeongguk onto his back, smirking down at the younger.

   "You deserve it, don't you think?" Taehyung had his still resting on Jeongguk's chest, lightly running his hand over the plane of the youngers torso for the last time.

   "Tae, 'm so s...sorr-" Jeongguk's words were too slurred as his breathing became labored, his respiratory system failing. Taehyung had nothing to say to that, the smallest feeling of guilt beginning to lay itself upon his shoulders, but then he remembered all the pain, sadness, and anger Jeongguk made him feel, and just how this doesn't even compare to all he suffered through for the 5 and a half years Taehyung lived with Jeongguk.

   "You've made me suffer, and this is just me letting you off easily," Taehyung's words were laced with anger, but the sound couldn't compare to the happiness he was feeling at finally being free from Jeongguk.

   "You.. aren't gonna," he had to stop to get enough air to speak again. "Get away... with this, yknow?" Jeongguk tried to muster a smirk, but he now had no control over his body.

   "Oh yes, I will," Taehyung smiled sweetly, sitting beside Jeongguk, at least having enough respect to not let him die alone.

    Taehyung had to admit, he knew this was terrible, but it was also the only way to actually be free, to be his own person again. To be with Jimin. Taehyung watched as Jeongguk's skin became paler and listened to his breathing, how it became raspier and the breaths were shorter.

   Jeongguk lolled his head to look over at Taehyung one last time, at least wanting the last thing he sees to be the man he loved, even if he was bad at showing it. He loved Taehyung, he really did, but he can't explain his behavior. He didn't even realize it until Taehyung left him.

   'I really fucked up,' Jeongguk thought, not letting his blurring eyes leave Taehyung's own passive ones. Jeongguk tried to mutter something along the lines of hold my hand, and luckily Taehyung understood, because next thing Jeongguk knew, his hand had a comforting warmth wrapped around it.

   "I love you, Jeongguk," Taehyung said, and although the words were true, they don't hold the same meaning they used to. Taehyung watched as Jeongguk's eyes became slowly more glossy, showing that the boy didn't have much life left in him. Taehyung leaned down, laying a chaste kiss upon the boys lips, his heart feeling ever so heavy as he felt the weak return Jeongguk tried, at least wanting to be happy with his last moments.

   And Jeongguk breathed his last breath upon Taehyung's lips.

---