Eight

The sun had barely started coming up, by the time she had been able to pull the blankets over her head.

Lucky for her, Marcel had found her a suitable nanny for Reign. Compelled and perfect for the job that was required of her. So she was able to sleep in. And boy oh boy did she sleep.

I don't know what I'm running from, all I know is that I'm running.
Why am I running?

Trees go by at an alarming rate, but they never stop. There is never an end to the trees.

I can feel the rocks, cutting into my feet...

Am I barefoot? Cause my feet are starting to hurt.
Mental note, always wear shoes when going outside. You never know when you will end up in a messed up dream like this.
Is this a dream?
It has to be.
Why else would I...

Suddenly, she came to the edge of the cliff, almost falling over, but as she flew over the edge, an arm grabbed her. Pulling her back.

Stefan?

He said nothing. Just placed a finger over his lips. Shushing her. And motioning for her to follow him. When out of the trees came Marcel.

He looked furious, and his eyes were red.

The color was red. Not the skin around it. The actual coloring.

What was wrong with his face?

This isn't Marcel, he'd never hurt her.

She edged out from behind the tree she was behind with Stefan.

Marcel? Is that You?

She snuck out, as Stefan tried to pull her back in, but she shook off the arms that were pulling her back.

She walked up to Marcel, and cupped his cheeks with her own hands and looked into his eyes.

Marcel?

When he looked over to her, covered in blood, and dirt from running through the forrest.

He lunged at her. Full force, and when he made contact with her neck, she could almost feel him rip out her throat, as she jolted up in bed.

"Oh my god!"

She screamed.

"What the hell!"

She jumped out of her bed, and went to check on Reign but she wasn't there. She began running around the room, as Marcel ran in.

She immediately rushed him, and threw him to the ground.

"Where is she!"

She yelled. As her veins went crazy in her eyes, and her teeth were elongated.

"Who? Reign? She's downstairs. Are you Ok? What's wrong."

She began to calm down, and even though she still felt the residual affects to her emotions from the dream, she slowly pulled herself from her mental state, and into reality. Realizing it was only a dream.

She let go of Marcel, and stood up as quickly as she could.

"Marcel... I... I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened to me."

"It's fine. It must have been a bad dream. You've been asleep for nearly 2 days. We began to get worried but Stefan was convinced you'd be fine. Apparently you do this when you're over stressed. I'm glad he was around. He knows you pretty well."

"Ya. He does."

She remembered all the time they spent together. Before he fell for Elena, and after Alisha had turned. All the good, with all of the bad.

She was grateful to still have Stefan as a friend. Especially after what Elena had done to him. Ya, she was her sister but Damn. Elena and Damon had been together for over a year now. Regardless of whether anyone actually knew or not, that's when they had their first actual kiss. The first passionate one.

And that was when Alisha started counting.

So, Alisha decided to get up and get dressed. She wanted to take Reign around town and do some shopping.

After getting all dolled-up she bumped into Stefan on her way out.

"Do you mind if I tag along? I haven't really gone out much since I've been here."

"Of course Stefan! I'd love it if you came."

She smiled. As Marcel looked over into their direction, he saw her smiling and giggling with Stefan.

She didn't smile like that when he talked to her. Was he doing something wrong?

I'm sure it's nothing.

Marcel thought.
But just in case

"Thierry!"

As he said that, his right hand man came over to him.

"Yes boss?"

"I need you to do me a favor."

"Sure boss. What?"

"I need you to loosely follow them, and tell me if you see anything suspicious. Anything at all."

"I'm on it."

He said as he turned away. But Marcel grabbed his arm before he could leave.

"And another thing... if you see any... inappropriate things... I better be the first to know."

Thierry nodded his head, and left.