lxxix. irl

s e e  m e  h o l d i n g  u p  m y
m i d d l e  f i n g e r  t o  t h e
w o r l d

3 r d  p e r s o n

Slowly, with shaky hands, she picks up the fallen letter. The water slips down her chin and nose blurs the ink, but the first words were clear as day.

Congratulations, Indigo G. Evans, on your acceptance into F.I.T University of New York.

Her breath hitches and she glances up at her friends who paid no attention to her. She swallows hard and takes a minute.

It's hard to believe her best friends tried to mess up her opportunity to make it into her dream college. Her best friends. The people who stuck beside her no matter what. Her family.

She sets the paper down and pulls on her loose shorts and roughly drys out her hair. She throws the towel down and grabs the tightly grips letter again.

Daniel looks up, their eyes locking. He knew it. She found it.

Everyone stops what they are doing and turn towards her. Her body begin to shake. She didn't want to be mad, but she has to. Her cheeks heat up as she holds up the falling apart, soaking wet paper for them to see.

Indie's shimmering hazel eyes brim with tears as she stares Daniel straight in his eyes. He watches as those beautiful green and chestnut orbs collapse into his. A single tear treks down her cheek.

He did it again. He messed up.

"Indie.." Corbyn tries to speak, slowly coming towards her from below in the water. She steps back and shakes her head.

"How could you guys? You knew this was my dream. I could've—" she shakes her head and rips the paper in half, letting it fall into the pool. "Forget it. You already tried to ruined everything for me. You are all so fucked up."

Taylor gets out o the jacuzzi and starts jogging over to her, but as soon as she's five feet away, Indigo stop her. Her puffy eyes glare at the girl with a sort of hatred she's never express.

Indigo sighs and looks at each of the boys that who stand frozen in the water.

"I don't want to be mad, but this is fucked. You practically stole my scholarship. I could send you to jail. But I won't. Because I'd rather stand here and see you realise your mistakes and try to fix them, then to rot in jail. I love you guys. But now I'm not so sure. You are so fuck up." Indigo rants frustratingly as tears stream down her face.

She turns her back to them and heads for the door. Daniels eyes widen and he struggles to run through the water. He stops when she turns her head to look at them once more. She glares and throws her hand in the air, her middle finger popping up as she struts through the doors.

"Fuck you," She yells with without a single last glance . "Fuck you all."