lxxvii. irl

l e t ' s  g o  g e t  a w a y

i n d i e

Well kids, it's pool day.

Corbyn brought up randomly while we're were all chilling that we haven't had a day for all of us to just hang. It was true.

In result, we head to the pool.

The boys were already down there and now Taylor and I were just getting ready.

I look my body up and down in the mirror, then look at Taylor's. The amount of fat I had on my body compared to hers brought my self-confidence down. Taylor was a skinny girl. Facts.

She was wearing a cute two piece while I wore the basic one piece. I wasn't that confident yet.

She grabs my hand and runs with me downstairs and out to the neighbors garage door.

"Picture? Please?" She asks with puppy dog eyes as she offers her phone to me. I roll my eyes, but smile and take it none the less.

She poses and doesn't offer to switch places, but I'm okay with that.

I love Taylor, but her self-confidence is nothing like mine and bothers me. But that's just me being jealous as always.

••

d a n i e l

Corbyn raises his brows at me.

I know I'm wrong, but anger changes me a lot I guess. But as I stood there with my best friend — my girlfriends acceptance letter to a college she's told me she's dreamt of for years, I couldn't help but have the guilt toss through my mind.

If she had told me, maybe I wouldn't be so upset and rational. She didn't though, that's the thing.

I love her, I truly do. They say you can only drown in ocean blues, but I sunk in her gorgeous brown ones. I fell in love with her soft black locks that my fingers tangled into. Her soft cheeks that when I hold them, makes me feel like I'm holding the whole world. She is my world.

Maybe this will mess everything up. Maybe this is—

"Daniel! They're here!"

I blink as look over to where Jack was frantically pointing. There she was, look as beautiful as every.

Then I realised why Jack was screaming at me that they were here.

In my hands was the stolen college letter.

••

3 r d  p e r s o n

"Work it girl! Work it!" Taylor cheers as Indie rolls her eyes and continues to walk into the water. The hot tubs jets pounds against her skin and she subconsciously submerged her body in.

Daniel watches her grimly from the end of the pool. His feet swishing around the water below.

The water was warm and felt inviting. He wanted to jump in, but waited till Indigo was in the water and away from the letter hidden beneath a towel. None of the boys seemed to worry like Daniel did. They were already doing the Olympics and laughing.

"Come on, Daniel!" Zach calls as he surfaces in the the glossy water. "Relax and have fun!"

Daniel once more at the girls, sighs, and reluctantly dives in. The boys cheer and pull him over for a chicken fight.

Taylor watches the boys and laughs at their struggles to push the other down. Indigo didn't find interest in their games, so she yawns and steps out into the chilly air unnoticed.

Goose bumps prickle her skin as she rushes to go grab a towel and cover her bare body. She rips the nearest towel off the bench and wraps her body in the fuzzy cloth.

From beneath the cloth, a paper flies out and lands at her feet. She looks down, tiny droplets dripping down her chin.