xxxxiv. irl/instagram

i ' m  o n e  s t e p  c l o s e r  t o  b e i n g 
t w o  s t e p s  f a r  f r o m  y o u

"Wake up lovebirds," Jack yells as he struts in with a dunkin donuts bag. "I bring breakfast."

I smile at him and attempt to hide my blush. I nudge Daniel who was sleeping beside me on he hospital bed. His eyes flutter open and he smiles up at me.

"Breakfast is here."

He nods as the other boys walk in with more d&d bags. I laugh and reach for the one in Jonah's hand. He hands it to me on with a French Vanilla Latte.

We've been in the hospital two days after I woke up. It's been super busy lately and they haven't been able to cast my leg yet. So the boys come every day they can and bring me food. I forced Daniel to go home the night I woke up, but since then he hasn't left me side even when I beg for him to go home and rest.

Once we were all settled with our food and the boys in their chairs, we sit in content silence.

"Have your heard from Mickey and Finn lately?" Jonah asks quietly.

I look at him with a smirk. Him and Mickey had really hit it off when she was here. She even admitted to me that she liked him.

They never got each other's numbers though.

So, I grab a piece of paper from my side table and pick up the pencil in my left hand and scribble down her number, favourite flower, colour, food, ideal date, and where she lives. I hand the paper over to him with a smile.

He takes silently, but smiles at me with a grateful smile and tinted cheeks.

"I didn't know you were left handed." Zach says after sipping his drink.

I laugh again, and rip off a piece of my bagel.

"There's lots of things you don't know about me."

Daniel looks at me.

••

It was just us two again, Daniel and I.

I was sketching out some flowers when he decided to start a game of ask-indie-questions-till-i-know-everthing-about-her.

"Favourite colour?"

"Apricot and yellow."

"Favourite dessert?"

"Vanilla ice cream."

"Favourite candy?"

"Goldfish."

"That's not a candy.."

"It is to me!" I retort as I finish the pedal of a sunflower.

He glances down at the paper and fiddles with his fingers.

"First kiss?"

The question caught me off guard and my pencil flicks out of position. I erase the out of place line and nervously go back to the drawing.

"That's a bit of a weird question." I say back to cover up my embarrassment.

I can tell hes staring at me from the corner of my eye, so I turn and look at him.

We stare at each other for a moment; my brown eyes pouring into his beautiful blue ones.

They flicker down to my lips for a split second before looking back at me again. He begins to lean closer to me and his thumb comes up to my cheek. He swipes it across my face before pulling away.

"You had an eyelash."

••

seaveydaniel: i should've taken the chance

comments disabled