xxvi. irl

WARNING: unedited... sry

Daniel and I made up three days ago. Him, Mickey, and Finn got to talk even if Finn was a bit stubborn at first. Mickey and Finn were now at a hotel for the rest of their stay. They were pretty jetlagged from the plane ride then the train, so they were sleeping at the hotel and it was just the boys and I.

I trace shapes on Daniel's arm as he quietly watches tv. Suddenly, I have a random idea. I look up at him and tap his cheek. He turns to look at me.

"I wanna get a tattoo." I say, shyly grinning up at him. He raises his brows curiously seeing as I'm deathly afraid of needles. 

"Why is that?" He asks with a light chuckle which makes me shrug.

"Well, Jack and Corbyn have one and I have one already. It's not that bad,." I say as I contemplate in my head of this really was a good idea.

He looks down, a certain emotion covering his face as he goofily smiles at me. I roll my eyes and stand up to get ready to head to the shop. I grab his outstretched hand and pull him to his feet.

"Jonah!" I call as I grab by jacket and head into the kitchen and spot the tall boy. "Ah! Jonah! My mannn.... um so can I borrow your car?"

He raises his brows and doesn't respond at first. I give him my puppy dog eyes which makes him sigh and toss me the keys. I squeal and run out to where Daniel was.

••

"Do you even know what you want?" Daniel pesters as we enter the tattoo parlor.

I laugh and nod, heading up the check in area. He rolls his eyes and follows.

"Hi, I have an appointment with Tyler Reed for a tattoo." I tell the lady with a smile. She grins back and points to the first room to the right.

"Go right in." She tells us, gesturing to the door.

Daniel grabs my hand and walks in with me.

Usually when Daniel grabs my hand, it was no big deal. But this time, I felt flustered for some reason. I felt almost embarrassed to hold his hand because I didn't want him to think my hands were sweaty or that I was nervous. I also felt a small spark—cliche, but true. It also felt right to hold his hand

"Aye! Indigo Evans! That you?" I hear Tyler call from his table across from us. My eyes widen and I run to go hug Tyler, letting go of Daniel in the process.

"Tyler!" I squeal and wrap my arms around him.

Tyler was my cousin. We were super close, but he moved to LA when I was 15, so I haven't seen him since. Well, until I moved here. Him, Lucky, Corbyn, and I would always play in Tyler's backyard as kids. He had a huge underground pool and we'd always play games like chicken fights, Marco Polo, and Sharks and Minnows.

"It's been so long!" He whined, spinning me around before dropping me and looking behind where Daniel was. "Oh! And I see someone even got a boyfriend!"

I blush and look at Daniel. His cheeks were also pink as he walks up to me.

"We aren't—" I begin to say before Tyler stops me by waving his arms around.

"Young in love and you are to shy to even tell me!" He exclaims, outings his hands on his hips. "Well, lets get back to the main topic. Your tattoo."

I nod excitedly and grab my phone to show him. Daniel tries to take a peek at the picture, but I push him back and shake my head at him. He frowns and sits back in a spinny chair.

"Oh wow! Really?" Tyler says in a way to tease Daniel which makes me giggle lightly. "Man! That's just! Wow!"

Rolling my eyes, I head over to the table and sit down while he gets all the ink ready.

"Are you sure I can't see?" Daniel complains as he spins in the spinny chair.

I laugh and shake my head. The tattoo wasn't a big deal, it just meant a lot to me even if it seemed childish. The real main reason I haven't shown Daniel is for two reasons . One, I don't want him to think of me weirdly for getting such a random tattoo. And two, I just wanted to tease him.

Crossing my legs, I silently watch as Tyler quickly prints the tattoo. He turns me on my back then stamps it on the back of my arm before beginning to poke my skin with the ink.

The tattoo I was getting was something to remind me of my parents and my adopted brother. My dad is a mechanic and my mom is a stay at home mom. She used to be an actress, but ever since she lost all her hearing a few years ago, she's taken a break. My adopted brother, Spencer, is in the military. We adopted Spencer back when Lucky and I were only 5. He was 3 when we got him.

Spencer could never say my name as a baby, so he caught on to mom and dad calling me by my nickname. Recently, my mom sent me a letter and wrote that nickname on there, so I'm getting her handwriting on the back of my arm.

••

After Tyler let me see the tattoo, he wrapped it and put a sheet over the top of it so nobody could see it. That made Daniel even more frustrated.

"Why not!" He continues to whin as I skip to the front door. I whip around and tap his nose.

"Because it's a surprise," I tease him with a wink before galloping inside. "Come one Danny Boy!"

Zach runs up to me as soon as I walk into the house he grabs my arms and looks around me for any signs of a tattoo. He was the only one o told that I was getting another one besides Dani.

"Where is it?" He asks with a frown as he checks again.

I laugh and slip off my peach hoodie then twist my arm so he can see the clear wrap with the paper covering it. He looks at it and pouts.

"I wanna see it!"

Daniel comes up besides me and nods, agreeing with Zach. I just shrug

"You'll just have to check Instagram tomorrow."