xxxxxxx. irl/instagram

c l o s e  y o u r  e y e s  a n d  l e t  i t
f l o w

j o n a h

I nervously smile to the old women that passes through the door I was holding open. As I follow in after her, the typical coffee shop aroma hits me. I wave to the workers and head for a window booth.

I sit for a while before deciding to order us coffee. The worker smiles as I approach.

"Hey Jonah!" She greets, clearly remembering me from the last two times I came here. "Same as yesterday?"

I nod and pull out my wallet.

"Can you also add a vanilla latte with two pumps of caramel?"

She nods and types up the order while I offer the money. She shakes her head and winks.

"No pay today," she smirks. "You've got a date and still need to get her more presents. Don't waste your money here."

I smile and thank her then head back to the booth to wait for our drinks. 12:07. We meet at 12:00. 7 minutes late.

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

Then she walks in; faded brown hair and all. Her powder blue eyes sparkle as she looks around. She hasn't changed much, still the same girl I fell in love with.

She spots me and smiles, making her way towards my booth.

Deep breaths, Jonah. Deep breaths.

She sits down and immediately brings her hands together on the table, a small nervous habit of hers. We're silent for a few minutes before both deciding to speak up.

"I'm sorry."

Our eyes widen and we both shake our heads, speaking again in sync.

"It was my fault."

She puts her hand over mine to stop me from talking.

"It's was my fault," she admits with a frown. "I pushed you away and didn't tell you anything." She chews her lip and takes a breath before continuing. "Let me explain without you interrupting."

I simply nod, letting her tell em her reason for being sorry.

"My sister, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer a month after I met you guys over Instagram. I knew you were coming to San Diego and I knew you lived in L.A, but I didn't want to say anything. I didn't want to drag you guys into more drama. I'm only in San Diego until we get Sandy help.

"She's my world, Jonah. My best friend. She can't just forget me so easily and have me just let it happen. I can't loose my little sister to a disease. I know I was wrong and I don't want pity, but I need you to understand how I felt." She sighs and pulls her hands away and down into her lap.

Alzheimer's. That's what was going on.

I stand up and exit my side of the booth. She doesn't look up. I slip in beside her and pull her into my chest, her salty tears leaving small stains. But none of that mattered.

Because now I'm holding her.

Because now I can tell her it's okay.

Because now, I have actually seen her in person and I'm never gonna regret it.

Because I love her.

••

i n d i e

"Why don't you come on over, I just can't let you go," I sing to myself as I click through different YouTube videos to watch. None seemed satisfying.

The couch bounces as a body jumps down besides me. I smile over at the blue-eyed boy who immediately takes my hand. I blush and turn my attention back to the computer screen.

After a minute or two of silence, Daniel speaks up.

"I love how your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me." He comments, holding out hands up with our fingers laced together. I look at him and then to his lips.

I reach up and peck the tip of his nose. He giggles and kisses mine back. We laugh and cuddle closer, closing the laptop and putting it aside.

We just cuddled.

The scent of peaches and cologne shoving itself up my nose. I giggle and squeeze his hand three times. He immediately squeezes back.

"Let's go somewhere." He offers suddenly. I smile up at him and tilt my head curiously.

"Where?"

"Anywhere."

••

imzachherron, mickeymouse, and 1,039,001 others seaveydaniel: close your eyesTagged: @indie

seaveydaniel: close your eyes
Tagged: @indie.evans

••

louist91, corbynbesson, and 1,208,093 others indie

indie.evans: you're my favorite adventure
Tagged: @seaveydaniel

••