Chapter Four: Unexpected Reunion

Začať od začiatku

"Yeah, she's bleeding." Koga replied; still holding her arm.

"Unless you want to lose your hand, I suggest you let me go. Now." Nayumi said in a strained voice.

"I just want to make sure you're okay." Koga said, but let her go.

"I don't need your pity or help. I'm fine." Nayumi replied then walked away.

        "She's almost as scary as Kagome." Ginta said.

"Almost? I thinks she's scarrier. She'll actually kill us." Hakkaku cringed.

"She didn't, now did she?" Koga pointed out.

"So we're on her good side?" Ginta asked.

"Looks like it." Koga replied then sped off again.

"Koga! Wait!" Ginta yelled.

"Don't leave us behind again!" Hakkaku added.

        "Stupid wolves." Nayumi muttered as she walked. 

"NAYUMI!!" she heard her name yelled and came to a sudden stop. 

"Rin?" she asked. 

"I missed you!" Rin yelled; running and wrapping her arms around Nayumi's hips. 

"I see they came with." Nayumi said; curling her lip at Sesshomaru. 

"Of course we did! We're not going to leave Rin alone with you!" Jaken exclaimed; waving his staff around like usual. 

"Why exactly not, imp?" Nayumi said; taking a step towards them.

"Jaken," Sesshomaru said.

"I'm sorry, my lord." Jaken apologized.

"It's not safe for you here, Rin. You should get away from the mountain." Nayumi told her sister. 

"Lord Sesshomaru will protect me." Rin assured her.

"And if he's fighting?" Nayumi asked.

"Then Master Jaken will." she said with a smile.

"Somehow I doubt that imp will be of any use." Nayumi muttered.

"What was that, human?!" Jaken yelled.

"Mind your own business." Nayumi snapped.

"What's going on at the mountain?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Inuyasha and his friends are going to look for Naraku." Nayumi replied.

"You're not going?" he asked.

"I am, but I have to do something first." she answered.

"Rin will be safe." Sesshomaru said.

"I'm not willing to take that chance." Nayumi said in a cold voice with a look to match.

"I don't want to leave either of you." Rin argued.

"Listen to your sister, Rin. Take A-un and get far away from here." Sesshomaru replied.

"Yes, my lord. Will I see you again?" she asked Nayumi.

"I will come find you later." Nayumi assured her.

        If I live. She thought to herself. 

        "You can't go on the mountain." Nayumi told Sesshomaru as they walked away from the village.

"Naraku will flee the mountain when anyone gets too close. I will be waiting to kill him." Sesshomaru replied.

"Whatever." Nayumi shrugged.

"Where are we going?" Sesshomaru asked.

"I'm going to get my sword. Alone. You just stay here." she answered.

"I hope you don't actually expect me to take orders from you." Sesshomaru said.

"No, but what's to say I won't kill you?" Nayumi asked.

"You won't." he replied.

"You seem certain about that." Nayumi said; putting her hand on her swords hilt.

"A mere human sword can't kill me." Sesshomaru scuffed.

"No, but the sword I'm going to get isn't a human sword."  Nayumi smiled.

"You have a demon sword?" Sesshomaru asked.

"A Dragon's Blade." she anwered.

"Hm." Sesshomaru grunted.

"You don't seem surprised." Nayumi said.

"I'm not. shocked that you have a demon sword You do have demon blood in you, so you could actually weild a demon sword. I am shocked that you have a Dragon's Blade. Most full-blood demons can't even weild one." he replied.

"Well, then I guess my demon blood is stronger than most." Nayumi shrugged.

"Or, you can only handle it for a short time, and that's why you don't carry it with you." he countered.

"I just don't need it for most fights. It's over kill." she replied.

        Sesshomaru didn't bother a response. They walked the rest of the way in silence.

        "I'll be back." Nayumi said and started to take her over clothes off.

"What are you doing?" Sesshomaru asked in a calm voice, but his eyes got slightly bigger.

"Getting into my slaying clothes. I have to climb the tree. My sword is at the top." she answered.

"This is quicker." he replied.

        Without any warning, Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around her waist and jumped.

"Put me down!" Nayumi exclaimed.

"Stop or you'll fall." Sesshomaru said.

"Fine. All the way up." she grumbled, but grabbed his shoulder to make sure she didn't fall. 

        At the top of the tree, the sword's hilt was the only thing sticking out. Nayumi grabbed it and pulled the sword out with easy. She removed the sword she had been carrying and placed it in the tree, then slid the Dragon's Blade  into the sheath.

        "There. I'll meet you at the bottom." Nayumi said, and tried to climb down.

"Quicker." was all Sesshomaru said as he grabbed her around the waist again and jumped.

"Get off me!" Nayumi exclaimed and shoved him away when they landed.

"Naraku is more important that your hatred." he replied then started back in the direction of Mount Hakurei.

"Touch me after this is all over with and I'll cut your other arm off." she warned, then walked a head of him.

        Sesshomaru's only response was a laugh and a smirk. It immediatly disappeared when he noticed she was looking.