|| 044 - Await of an Answer ||

~ Hell is empty, all the devils are here.

~William Shakespeare

~

We were associated with this idiot? For real, this was beyond a flaming joke. But, our mouths didn't need to be opened, for our eyes foretold our overall emotion.

"Wait. Hold on a minute, ho-"

"Let him finish, girl. I wanna hear what he has to say." I didn't mean to cut Ita off intentionally, it was just that my curiosity was getting the better of me. Hades' cancerous eyes rolled to far back into his head, the peculiar shade of grey that replaced the whites.

"That wasn't very nice, angry boy. Cutting my youngest off like that. But since I'm basically just wasting my time with you all, I'll just get straight to the point." He cleared his throat with a piercing sharp 'ahem' that shook the ground beneath us.

I saw my baby getting scared. To just simply stand there and watch her tremble beside me was obviously not an option. Ajax was sending me evils for fixing my hand into her own. However, his quick thinking had us mentally sighing in utter relief. He was in the middle of Eron and Mona, suddenly gripping their hands, which soon led a cycle a down the line with every Sinner interwoven with trust and a stronger bond caused by love.

"I wasn't just with that unfortunate mother of yours," he started his sentence as a bit of a callout at his son, which had AJ scoff in distress.

"But in fact, I was a bit of a player. Getting with all the ladies, right? So, how they relate to you guys, is that each of the seven women I fell in love with...are all your mothers." Our eyes widened, with the thought of actually having mums. But of course was that shivering feeling that traveled down our spines from Hades had association with our lives.

"What poor soul would fall in love with you?" Mona remarked, about to step forward closer to him but, her love kept a sturdy grip on her hand.

"Hold on, dear. If you kindly let me finish, I will enlighten you even more. Honestly the mouths on you kids, I wonder how many washes packed with soap it would take to cleanse those pie-holes of yours. And to answer that question, Mon, obviously your mother did." Mona just shook her head in hidden rage. All of us just wanted answer right this instant. It was eating away at us all, by the second. Stalling like this was agonising torture that had to be dismissed pronto.

His youthful face became even more plagued by malice as he was about to unleash the truth. I could see the amount of pleasure he was going to get by reminiscing about the past. He took a sip of the absinthe that was isolated in the centre of the obsidian table, swirling the glass around before he planted it back in the same place.

I had the burning desire to bellow out STOP STALLING YOU IDIOT AND GET ON WITH IT! But as I felt somewhat more intelligent, common sense was screaming to keep it inside, fore the answers would come sooner.

And I was right.

"Rani dear, considering that you're the eldest. How about we start off with you?"