Forgive Me Ch. 26

Chapter Twenty Six

Julie

After two weeks of Jackie doing so well, she was soon admitted back into the hospital. This time it was way worse. Sometimes I skipped school so I would be able to spend every minute I could with her.

"Julia," Jason snapped, "You're going to school today, and you're not skipping any more school."

"No, that's not fair," I yelled, "I need to be with Jackie!"

"She'll be here when you get home from school," Jason assured me.

"No, please," I begged.

"Stop arguing, and get in the car," He growled, grabbing my elbow, and pushing me into the car. I groaned, and crossed my arms over my chest.

Jason drove me to school that morning. I slammed the door once we were there, and stalked towards the school. Lacey and Riley were there, already waiting for me.

Over the past two weeks, Riley had become really good friends with us. Lacey was actually alright with it now. She was a little upset about what happened with Hailey, but she got over it. The three of us became really close friends, and I was glad Riley was now hanging with Lacey and I.

"Hey guys," I grumbled, as we slowly started to walk into the school. The bell rang, and I groaned, "Today is just not my day."

"See you later," Lacey grumbled, and then was off to her homeroom.

"See you in class," Riley said, and then went off to his homeroom. I sighed loudly, and quickly went down the hall.

My classes went by slowly. Each class I was thinking about Jackie in the hospital. It angered me that Jackie was back in the hospital when she was doing so well. When Jackie fainted at Jason's house, we all knew what that meant. She had fainted many times before, and every time they did, they found a new tumor. This time though, I listened in to Jason and the doctor's conversation. The doctor said that this time the tumor may be fatal. That ruined everything for me, and I cried myself to sleep every night hearing his words.

When it was lunch, I wandered the halls, looking for Lacey. I found her in the bathroom puking her guts out. "Lacey, are you alright?" I asked.

"Call....9-1-1," She gasped.

"What? No, Lacey, you're just sick," I told her, "Let me take you to the nurse."

"No," Lacey begged, and then threw up again- this time it looked like blood. I held tight to her hair, waiting for her to be finished. Then when I thought she was finished, she started to sway. I held her tightly.

"Lacey," I whispered, "Are you alright?"

"Jull," She moaned.

"What, Lacey, what?" I asked, dragging her towards the door.

"I'm sorry," Lacey grumbled.

"What are you sorry about?" I whispered, pushing the bathroom door open, and dragging her out.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you something was wrong before," She mumbled, and then passed out.

"Somebody help," I yelled, but the halls were now empty. "HELP! SOMEBODY HELP!" I think I yelled so loud because I knew something was seriously wrong.

Mrs. Westburn came rushing out of her classroom. I rested Lacey on the ground. Mrs. Westburn handed me her cell phone. "Call 911," She ordered, "And fast."

Tears were slowly falling down my face. I called 911. "Hello," I gasped, "Yes, my friend passed out. She was throwing up, and I'm pretty sure at one point she threw up blood. Yes she's passed out now. Okay, thank you."

I hung up the phone, and looked at Mrs. Westburn. "They said they'll be here in a few minutes with an ambulance," I whispered.

"Lacey, Hon, do you hear me?" Mrs. Westburn asked. She put her middle finger on Lacey's neck, and searched for a pulse. Her face was of pure horror as she looked up at me. "Julie," She murmured, "I think she's dead."

Everything after that was a blur.

I stood stiff as people buzzed past me- paramedics, police officers, teachers, students, and even Riley. When he saw what was going on though, he came back and stood next to me. "What's happening?" He murmured in my ear.

I didn't answer him though.

"Ma'am, are you alright?" A paramedic asked.

Once again, I couldn't answer, so I just nodded my head. "Julie, why don't you call your brother so he can take you home," Our principal whispered, patting my shoulder. Once again I nodded.

Riley handed me his phone. "Call your brother," He whispered, "Please, you look pale."

Gratefully, I took the phone from his hand, and dialed Jason's number. "Hello?" He answered.

"Jason, it's me," I whispered.

"Julie what's wrong?" Jason asked.

"Could you come pick me up at school," I murmured.

"Julie," He sighed, "We went over this. Jackie is going to be here when you get home."

"Please Jason," I begged, more tears falling down my cheek.

"Why?" Jason asked.

"Because Lacey's dead," I cried, tears falling faster down my cheek.

"Julie that's not funny," Jason growled.

"Jason, I'm not joking," I sobbed, "Please, come pick me up."

"You're serious, aren't you?" Jason asked.

"Yes," I yelled.

It was silent on the other line, and I pressed the phone to my ear. Riley had put his arm around me, and held me while I shook. I sniffed loudly. "Jason," I murmured.

"Alright," He sighed, "You better not be joking."

"I'll see you in a few," I answered, and hung up the phone. "Thanks," I murmured, handing the phone back to Riley. He nodded, and waited for me as I waited for Jason.

My brother sped to my school, and jumped out of his car. Suddenly I didn't care who was looking. All I knew was that Lacey was dead, and I needed a hug. I slowly shrugged out of Riley's arm. "Thanks," I muttered, and then ran to my brother.

"Julie," He called, looking for me.

I rushed to him quickly, and he saw me coming. He slightly held his arms opened, and I folded into them. I cried so hard, I wondered where all the tears were coming from. "She's really gone," I sobbed, "Jason, she's really gone."

"I'm so sorry Jull," Was all Jason said as he held me tightly.

***********************************************

Welll???

Someone please let me know what you think!!

Thanks:)