Forgive Me Ch. 18

Chapter Eighteen

Jackie

Tomorrow I was being released. I was so happy; I needed to think of someone to call. I picked up the phone, and dialed an old number. It rung three times before someone picked up. "Hello?" They asked.

"Hey Molly," I said, "It's Jackie!"

"Jackie!" She shrieked, "How are you? Oh I wish I was there with you."

"No need to worry," I told her, "And I called, because I'm getting out of the hospital again. I'll have to continue with Chemo, and see if it puts me into remission. I want to stay in remission."

"Oh Jack," She sighed, "You're my inspiration."

"I am?" I asked.

"Of course," She answered, "Whenever I have it hard, I think of the times you were forced to stick it out, and take whatever life gave you. Then I continue on with my painful mission."

"Aw, I miss you Moll," I groaned.

"I miss you too girlie," She replied, "I promise to come visit soon."

"You don't have to," I told her, "Plain tickets are so much now a day."

"Oh pish posh," She laughed, "I promise to come see you."

"Alright," I smiled, "But let's stop talking about me. What's going on with you my girlie?"

"The same," She sighed, "I hate college Jack. I really hate it. I just don't fit in here some of the ways other people do. You would fit in here Jack."

"Maybe you have to wrong college," I suggested.

"I'm not so sure," She grumbled.

"Then why don't you drop out?" I asked.

"Jackie!" She yelled, "Don't you know my parents would have my head on a silver platter! They'd kill me! You know them, and I'm sure you should know that."

"You're right," I sighed, "I just don't want you to be so unhappy."

"Aw thanks Jackie," She said.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Yeah, I met a boy," She giggled, "And I like him a lot Jack. I really like him!"

"Oh, Moll, that's awesome," I told her, "What's his name?"

"Nick," She whispered.

"Do your parents know?" I asked.

"Um," She sighed.

"I'm taking that as a no," I answered, but couldn't help but smile. That was exactly how I remembered Molly. She was always on the wild side of life, and made me stronger then I already was.

A nurse walked in, and mouthed for me to get off the phone. "Moll, I have to go," I grumbled, "A nurse is waving for me to get off the phone."

"That's alright," She sighed, "Please keep me updated Jack. We all want you to get better in California. Hope you don't mind I told a few of my friends about you."

"It's alright," I smiled, "I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, love you Jackie," She said.

"Love you too Molly," I replied, and then hung up the phone. Heather shuffled over to the phone, and picked it up. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's your brother," She whispered, switching the lines, "He said it's an emergency."

"What?" I asked, and then pressed the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Jack?" Jason asked.

"Jace, what's wrong?" I panicked.

"Jack, Julie's missing," He whispered.

"WHAT?" I yelled, "What do you mean she's missing?"

"She started freaking out at us, and then ran away," Jason answered, "She ran out the back door, and into the woods. We called to her, but she didn't come back. She wouldn't even respond."

"Oh my God," I whispered.

"Jordan, John, and James are searching for her," Jason continued, "But it's getting dark. We can't search for too much longer."

"Oh my God," I repeated.

"Jack, say something else," Jason demanded.

"This is all my fault," I cried.

"No its not," He replied, "It's ours. She was yelling that we baby her, and that we're to overprotective."

"And she just ran?" I asked.

"Yeah," He sighed, "But I called you to let you know, and we were wondering if you have any ideas where she might be. You know her better than anybody."

"Let me think," I sighed, leaning my head back against my pillow.

"Take your time," He whispered, "But we already thought about home. We're going to check there in a little."

"How about Lacey's house?" I suggested.

"Lacey," He sighed, "Rosie, tell them Lacey's house! Where is that Jack?"

I quickly told him the address, and then continued to think. "She had a friend on her volleyball team," I whispered, "What was her name? It was last year in grade school. Holly? No. Hailey! That was it. Jason, call Hailey's house!"

"Who has her number?" Jason asked.

"Maybe Lacey does," I sighed.

"Alright," He whispered, and then I think he wrote it down.

"Also," I added, "Check her room when you get home. Not go through her stuff, because if you do I'll kill you. I mean like glance around the room, and pick up the things on top. See if she'd been there, or that it might strike an idea on where she is."

"Alright, thanks Jack," He sighed, "We'll come visit tomorrow."

"Actually," I said, "I'm being released tomorrow. I just found out! I was going to tell you, but I didn't get a chance."

"Jackie, that's great," He yelled, and then said, "Hey everyone, Jackie's breaking free tomorrow!" I rolled my eyes, and smiled.

"I'm sure she'll be fine," I told Jason, "Don't worry too much."

"You know I can't not worry," He whispered.

"Try," I insisted, "That's the reason why she ran away, wasn't it?"

"Jack, I'm her bog brother," He said, "I have a right to be worried!"

"Alright, we'll talk about this later," I said, "Go find my baby sister."

"She's my baby sister too," Jason told me.

"I know," I whispered, and then hung up the phone.

Is it stupid tht she ran away??

i didnt realize how big of a baby she was till i reread this!! hahahahaha

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN?

Thanks

~cheesehead