nine.

previously; she may not look like it, but that was what she's always dreamed of since she met lyra.

-

yoongi was sitting in front of the class, a piano in front of him. their professor asked them to play the piece that they did for the past weeks. it was his turn. "i should've been dead by now," he muttered to himself. he didn't want the class to listen with what he just made because it still feels like there's something missing.

"i gotta get this over with," he mumbled, inaudible for all of the class. "this piece is called 'lyra' or 'first love', still not decided and it's still not finished actually," he stated.

he pressed the piano keys that was indicated on the sheet note that he made, finding the right tempo and beat as he goes by. melodies started to surround the room. the professor swaying at each tune. he was clearly enjoying it and yoongi was clearly focused, conveying the emotions that were portrayed at the song. a minute and a half has passed by and he was done playing. the whole class stood silent, everyone was overwhelmed.

yoongi didn't know how to react, so he looked at their professor. the professor clapped, making the whole class snap out of their trance and clapped too. soon, the whole class was now filled with hoots and claps.

"that was great, yoongi! although a bit melancholic, but great!" the professor praised. "thanks," he said quietly, but still audible. "how did you come up with the piece, may i ask? is it actually about your first love?" he asked. yoongi nodded in response. "her name is lyra and she's dead," he stated.

the professor's eyes widened, the class was shocked as they start to process what yoongi just said. he pulled out a sympathetic looking face. yoongi just smiled a bit.

"condolences for you, yoongi. it must be hard," the professor said. "it's okay, i got over it i guess," he lied, still smiling to cover up his pain but it was clearly seen in his eyes. thankfully, the professor didn't notice. "can i go back to my seat now?" he asked. "you may."

"i hope you follow yoongi's steps on how he composes his melodies! full of emotions and such," the professor commended him.

he spent nine hours at the university. they had to do a project on composing a song, adding lyrics. he decided to continue what he just presented in class earlier. he used the vacant room where there were different kinds of instruments, though he brought his own keyboard. he opened his laptop, connecting his keyboard in. he opened the software where he usually records his songs.

it took him eight hours on finishing the piano part. he decided to do the lyrics, figuring that he'll just add some different kinds of instruments and music effects tomorrow.

he decided to continue home after one hour of writing some lyrics.

as he went outside the room, he saw bae sunhi walking at the halls with a canvas tucked in her arms, probably about to go home. sunhi noticed him staring. she just looked at him with a blank face as he just stood there, stiffened.

"wanna walk home together?"

-

a/n;;

a short (BORING) chapter. :> i changed my book covers/themes, what do you think ewe.