Part 51 - Reaching the ground

Sorry I'm late today 😶. My phone died and I reached the house just now.
(If you want another reasons I can try to think them up 😂😅) Enjoy ^.^
——————————————————

(DELIRIOUS POV)

I closed my eyes, resting my forehead against the door, as I heard the main door close. My heart couldn't run any faster and I felt my body shaking. I didn't even know if that was from the pure sorrow of letting the boy I loved go, or because of the fact that I was done for.

I still saw his expression, his innocent try to explain something I knew was the true. I saw his tears and his desperation when I was leaving. I heard his voice, voice burning deeply into my soul.

I didn't want anybody to know that the new partner company in Toronto, with which we had made a deal a few weeks ago, screwed me over. That because of that I lost everything and I owed them even more.

This had nothing to do with my pride, but it wasn't fair to my employees to pay for my mistake, for my stupidity. I couldn't even imagine what would happened if Luke knew about this.

I already sold the house in Toronto, earning some money from that, selling a few more around the US. But I knew this wasn't enough. Especially when I had to pay my employees without them knowing I have nothing to pay them with.

There was nothing I could do. Nothing at all. The island I had bought was already written on Evan's name, and even if I somehow claimed that back I couldn't pay off everything.

The idea of Evan seeing me practically as a poor guy was killing me. Because he deserved everything in the world. He deserved the attention and the happiness, but I couldn't bring that to him without money. And when I found his phone in Luke's room, it gave me perfect opportunity, perfect reason. But it hurt. It hurt more than I ever imagined.

I opened my eyes again and pulled out my phone, going through my album filled just with Evan. The only person I didn't want to loose, but I had to let him go. I slowly smiled, looking into his innocent brown eyes.

You're already so strong, full of will to fight. I know you're going to be fine. In a few days or maybe weeks. But you will.

Then a crucial thought popped in my mind, and I didn't even realize I had been crying if it wasn't for a tear drop which dropped on the display of my phone.

Luke can get a lot of money out of this and he can raise our company up again. All I need to do is die. It's going to take me a few days to prepare though.

I sighed, drifting with my thumb across Evan's cheek. I regretted not having the last minutes with him, but I knew this was better. Without anybody knowing about my plan.

I will see you on the other side one day. I will be waiting and I don't care how long it is going to take, that's my promise to you. I love you Evan.