Part 50 - Forget

Chapter 50! I was hoping for something better, but plans changed during the writing 😂. Enjoy ^.

P.S: I wanted to share something with you. I work for Google, for YouTube. And I was having my own celebration screaming when I saw Delirious' old video during the training. ❤️❤️
——————————————————

I gripped my backpack's stripes tighter, stopping in my walking. I saw a some curious people, few cars, along with moving trucks, in front of Delirious' house.

What's going on?

Now the thoughts about my surprise vanished just as that, and I was consumed by confusion and nervousness. I walked towards his house, making my way through the group of people. The moving company was already doing their job, carrying the furniture out.

I walked into the building, looking for any familiar faces. I saw Luke in the hallway, talking to some older man, who I assumed was the manager of the moving company. Luke had a black eyes and cut lip, making me even more worried about what happened.

"Luke!" I got his attention, his eyes moved my way.

"Skirtboy," he greeted me, his energetic eyes without their common shine.

"What happened to you? What's going on?" I asked instantly, ignoring the manager walking away.

"I'm moving to my new house here, Delirious kicked me out and sold his house. I had a fight with your boyfriend," Luke mumbled, walking to the kitchen and I followed him.

"Fight?! What?"

Luke picked up something from the table, handing it to me. It was my phone I had been searching for through the whole night and morning.

"He thinks you and me are having an affair," Luke announced, and I felt my heart skip a few beats.

This can't be! No!

"Because of this phone?"

"Because you were ignoring him this whole time. So when he was trying to reach you yesterday when you snuck out, he heard your phone from my room. And that was it," Luke explained.

That's why he didn't show up.

"Where's he?"

"He's back in North Carolina. I tried to explain, but he didn't want to hear."

"Thank you," I mumbled, quickly walking out of the building.

"Good luck! And Evan?"

I turned myself to see Luke, but slowly backing up. I didn't want to waste the time, mainly when I knew I didn't have much of it.

"Be careful! He was really mad. If you see just a tiny difference in his eyes, just..."

The rest of his sentence was too silence for me to hear, when the moving company employee were too loud. I waved at Luke, quickly walking towards the airport. First thing I did was booking my tickets to North Carolina. After that I informed my mum about staying over Jonathan's house again, lying to her to prevent her worrying. And for the last thing I tried to reach my teacher, but just as so many times before without any luck.

I didn't even think about my plan. The only thing I wanted was to explain the older man things that had been happening, the reason why I was ignoring him.

It felt like an eternity to reach his house in North Carolina and I was already knocking on his door. Brock opened the door for me, surprised to see me.