Chapter 24: Pub

Thank you for reading and enjoy the chapter(:
Amelia's Pov:
Love and relationships were never part of my plan. I mean let's get real, men can't put up with a woman like me for long. I simply stopped trying after the last guy couldn't handle the sarcastic response to everything he said.

Luke embraced that. He loved it. He knew it was something that made me unique, it made me who I am. Sure most people just think it makes me a bitch, but I didn't care nearly as much as I used to.

The awkward, tense silence surrounding the dining room table was plausible. I was practically begging Luke with my hands for us to leave soon. I didn't want to cause a riff in his relationship with his parents.

It took everything in me not to open my mouth and start preaching the, "don't give a shit," card. I understand both points, but isn't the happiness of your only son more important than making sure the douche with the camera gets a good story?

"I'm sorry, son." I looked up and saw his mother looking as apologetic as ever. "We just want you happy, we will deal with the media together. As a family." She looked over at her husband as he slowly lifted some food into his mouth. "Right, honey?"

He looked back at her, she had a smile on her face but a glare in her eyes. He sighed. "I've always wanted you to find a nice woman and build a life outside of the business. As long as you are happy, I'm happy." He looked back to his wife. "I'm going to finish my dinner now." He declared before going back to his food.

I smiled at their cute exchange and began eating again as well. I knew they couldn't do that for long. This is their only son and he has never had a relationship serious enough to even mention to his parents. He was more than capable of running the business and having a relationship.

I looked over at him just to have him already looking back at me. A strand of his hair had fallen into his face, yet he still looked emaculate. We would be okay, I was sure of it.

He squeezed my hand, before letting go.

~
"Just a few weeks after announcing their engagement, William McGrady has confirmed his separation from Hanna Sinclair. No further comments have been made, but when confronted with the question." The camera flicked over to footage of Will looking red and angry at an approaching camera man. "Mr. McGrady looked anything but happy about the recent break up and leaves us all with the question. Why would they break up after just deciding to get married? More to come on this story."

I was sitting on my couch in my apartment. I turned the channel so something a little more uplifting. I glanced at my phone, almost expecting a phone call from Luke. Part of me wanted to talk to Hanna. I usually wasn't one for drama, but one couldn't help but be curious.

Honestly, I was happy they broke up. Hanna had made a lot of mistakes but she was willing to own up to them. William was just a shitty person looking to fuck anyone over to get what he wanted.

I glanced over at the clock just as my stomach rumbled. I wasn't in the mood to spend big money on food, and I could really use a drink. I grabbed my bag and walked down the street to a pub.

I looked down at my yoga pants and realized I was not dressed for public eyes but I couldn't bring myself to care. I was here for a drink and some food, not company.

I walked in and was immediatly bombarded with the smell of fried food and the sound of boys cheering. It was Friday night, there must have been a game on or something. I squeezed past them and sat on the very end of the bar, next to a dark haired women who looked exactly like I did. Hungry and bored.