Chapter 10: True Simplicity Is Elegant

Jennifer Aniston as Lucas's mother, Helen.

Thank you for reading and enjoy the chapter(:

Amelia's Pov:
I dipped my last Apple slice into some of my melted peanut butter before popping it into my mouth. I was trying to get all of my work done to avoid having to stay late. The sound of my fingers hitting the keys was the only sound as Julian was eating lunch elsewhere.

In the midst of doing another awaiting document, the door slowly opened and like the gentleman Julian is, he even knocked on his own office door. "Can I come In? Are you too busy?"

I looked at him wierdly, "What do you mean? This is technically your office." I chuckled.

"Still, I want you to feel as if it is yours. Anyway, how is it going?" He came and stood directly behind me.

I shrugged. "Its going. I'm almost done with what you gave me to do for the day."

"Excellent." He paused before turning my chair so I was looking at him. "I have a proposition for you."

I stared at him, silently prodding him go on. "Well, there is a charity event going on tomorrow night, it was all arranged by Mr. Rivers and I think it would be a good idea for you to come and meet some people. I know it's last minute but I'll help you get a dress if we have to."

I thought for a moment, this would be a good idea. I would get the chance to rub elbows with the rich and famous, not to mention see Mr. Rivers outside of the office. "Would this be like a date?" I kinda mumbled.

He smiled, nice and slow, almost mischievous. "Would you like it to be?"

I froze so hard I was nearly unable to form words. He started chuckling. "I'm just kidding with you. I would like for you to come with me as a friend but because I think it would be best for you to come with me."

Was I up for it? I would have to get a dress, I would more than likely ask Olivia before I went out and bought a dress worth more than anything else I currently owned. I really couldn't see a reason not to go.

I put a smile on my face. "Sure. I would love to go. Although it is last minute, I'll have to ask a friend of mine about a dress."

He frowned a tad. "Are you sure you don't just want to go and buy a new dress?"

I didn't really want anyone to know where I lived and what I was doing outside of work. I was more or less ashamed of the building I lived in and the income I was living off of.

I just shook my head, but still managed to keep the smile on my face. "No I should be okay. I have something I can wear I'm sure."

He shrugged it off and started to walk towards the door. "It starts tomorrow at 7, do you want me to pick you up or do you want to meet here and we will go from there?"

The answer was a no brainer. "I'll meet you here, thanks Julian."

"No problem. I'll let you get back to work." He shut the door behind him. I began to get back to work, trying to envision mine and Olivia's closets to try and pinpoint just how we were going to pull this off in 24 hours.

I texted Olivia. "Major fashion emergency."

It took her less than 2 minutes to text me back. "Meet me at my apartment after work. We got this covered."

If only every person in the world could have a friend like Olivia.

~

I finished up my work before saying goodbye to Julian and Brenda. I left and made my way to Olivia's house.