Chapter 22: Dinner Date

Thank you for reading and enjoy the chapter(:

Amelia's Pov:
I eyed the television like a hawk waiting to spot the story. Billionaire William McGrady, is a big fat fucking liar. I have been watching for the past three days and have been deprived of seeing his stupid, smiling face staring back at me as the media ripped him a new one.

"If you stare at that TV any longer, you're going to get a headache." I glanced over at Julian but didn't completely take my eyes off of the screen. "Look, I trust that Luke can handle this on his own and you should, too. Now, get back to work." He grinned jokingly and I smiled back before glancing at the screen one more time. I walked to my office and shut the door, there was a pile about a foot high of paperwork that needed to be done for Julian.

I sat down with a sigh and began to work slowly through the pile. Seemed to me like nothing could go wrong. Work was amazing, I loved my job. I finally loved my home, I went to sleep with a smile on my face. My best friends were always there for me. What else could I possibly need?

To fall for my boss while he is having a public media scandal. What could possibly go wrong?

I rolled my eyes while simultaneously sighing. I put my head in my hands and groaned when I heard something hit the floor. "When will life just give me a break?"

I stood and walked around my desk to grab whatever had fallen. I spotted my stapler and bent to retrieve it.

"What a sight." I jumped and turned around. Luke stood in the doorway of my office with his arms crossed. "I should visit you more often."

I glared. "Ha ha." I set my stapler back on my desk and turned to face him again with my hands on my hips. "What can I do for you, Mr. Rivers?"

"No need for the formalities Julian went to a meeting." He walked in and shut the door behind him.

"Well, either way, I have a lot of things to do and I really can't afford the distraction." I walked around my desk again and sat in my chair.

"Oh, your boss is a distraction?" He smirked.

"Immensely. So, what are you doing here?" I didn't want to be rude but the stack of papers seemed to grow the longer I stared at it from the corner of my eye.

"I wanted to ask you to come to dinner with me."

"Mhm, what kind of charity is this one for?" I began sorting the papers on my desk.

"I meant just you and me. Like a date."

I slowly looked up at him, he looked serious. "Are you sure that is a good idea? I'm not sure you want your name connected to mine, especially right now."

He scoffed. "I've decided to stop letting these media assholes make decisions for me. If I want to go to dinner with you, then I will."

"I wouldn't want to taint your image."

"If anything, a beautiful face like yours will help my image." He smirked. "Come on, I need a little distraction right now and I could think of no better way than to get to know you a little better."

I bit my lip and pondered for a moment. It probably wasn't the best time with everything going on. I actually found myself caring a little less the more I thought about having dinner with him.

Why would I let a couple dozen asshats with loud mouths and camera prevent me from having a relationship?

"What time?" He smiled and turned on his heels. He began to walk out of the room but not before uttering.

"See you at 7." I wasn't even a little ashamed as I eyed his ass as he left the office. I was however a little disappointed when I eyed the stack of papers that appeared to have grown a couple inches.