Chapter 16: Escapades

Thank you for reading and enjoy the chapter (:

Mature content(;

Amelia's Pov:
I was shocked. It felt like the wind was knocked out of me. Of all the people in the world, his ex girlfriend had to confide in me about there fucked up relationship.

I was suddenly put in a very compromising position. I didn't want to know this much about my boss. This is what happens when I try to be nice and listen to drunk blondes babble on about there problems.

That didn't stop me from being curious, surely the events of their  relationship affect him now. Considering how often he was at the office, it was safe to say he wasn't in a serious relationship now.

Part of me felt giddy at the thought, none of this took away from his appeal, he seemed like a nice guy and nobody could deny his good looks. Another part of me felt sorry for him to have gone through such an ordeal, I know that would change me when it came to relationships.

"Anything to say?" His voice was still as deep and sultry as it was the first time I sat in this chair.

"I'm sorry, she didn't say the name of the man she was talking about."

He sighed. "That actually shocks me considering she never could stop talking."

I giggled, I couldn't help it. It was so refreshing to see him crack a joke. He looked at me for a moment before grinning a little.

"I'm not mad at you or anything, I just wanted to know what she told you and if there is anything I could clear up for you. Of course that was when I thought she told you my name."

"She didn't really get too specific." I said truthfully. "She just gave me the cliff notes before she practically ran away from me."

I told him what she told to me, I didn't leave anything out. He listened carefully, but his expression never changed. It remained stoic and he stayed silent until I finished.

"And that was all, she thanked me for listening and then left. Nothing more."

He huffed out a breath. "I'm shocked she actually told the truth. Part of me was worried she told you a bunch of bullshit to make herself look better."

We stayed silent for a moment, I really didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry for what happened between you two, I don't mean to overstep my boundaries but it was a really horrible thing to do."

He nodded. "Thank you, but I don't want you to be sorry, there is no need. Neither one of us should hear from her again." He placed his hands on his desk before rising to his feet. His pupils seemed to darken and his mouth parted. "I appreciate you coming in here and telling me. I'm sorry you had to get involved so personally like this."

I nodded slowly, entranced by his smoldering look. It was as if he was looking right through me. "It is no problem, sir. No harm done."

I slowly stood, I straightened my dress before making my way towards the door. I didn't miss the way he hissed through his breath or they way he subtly looked down towards his desk as my skirt rose on my thighs.

I went to open the door before a hand slammed it shut again. My breathing quickened and I briefly shut my eyes and opened them again. I stared at the frosted, glass door as his hot breath fanned over the back of my neck.

"Mr. Rivers?" I whispered. I didn't know what was happening. The tension whenever we were together was hard to ignore, but he was my boss. Could I do this? Could I even be this close to my boss without it being sexual?

"Mhm?" He hummed deep in his throat before leaning his head on mine.

"What are you doing?" I closed my eyes and leaned a little into him. I hadn't been with a man in a while and to have a man as sexy as him, pressing me up against a door, was enough to make me forget about the fact that we were in his office and he was my boss.