chap 10. Hooking up part 2

Emma’s P.O.V.-

First part of our “Hook Up Game” was to get the “objectives” together somehow. Our first targets were Liam and Megan. Liam was laying on the couch after rehearsal, and he looked whooped out! Perfect for my plan. I skipped over to him and sat right beside him.

“Rough day?” I asked patting his leg.

Liam yawned and nodded. “Yeah, quite the rehearsal! I’m beat!” he replied.

I nodded and sighed. “Sooooo” I began.

Liam didn’t look up away from the t.v. “Yeah?”

“You’re single now, correct?” I continued. Liam nodded.

“Yes, Danielle and I are just friends now” he reminded me.

"Oh I already know that, duh! I’m just saying, I assumed you…well, “weren’t” single anymore", I kept going on, moving a strand of my hair away from my face.

Liam looked at me and chuckled a little. “Why wouldn’t I be?” Jaime snuck up from behind the door, and I waited for her cue.

Then I shrugged. “Oh, no reason, wait! Yeah…there IS a reason…What about, sayyyyy, Megan?” I smiled twirling my hair.

Liam’s eyes grew big and he began to get up. “Emma…..What are you up to?” he asked getting worried.

“Ohhhh, you KNOW what I’m up to” I smirked.

Liam faked a laughed and struggled his weak, tired self up. “WELL! Would ya LOOK at the time, I should-” but he cut off by running the oppisite direction.

“OH NO YOU DON’T!” I said running behind him. I jumped on his back, and Jaime kicked through the door pushing him down, putting his arms behind his back.

“LET ME GO!” he yelled.

“Liam! Don’t you like Megan?” Jaime asked ignoring his command.

Liam sighed. “Well, yes, I really do…she’s everything to me” he admitted.

Me and Jaime awed. I pinched Liam’s cheeks and cooed.

“Aw, Liam has a wittle crushy wushy!” I teased laughing. Jaime laughed to and helped him up. She held him by his shoulders and looked him directly in the eye.

“GO! Go and talk to her! Tell her how you feel! She likes you as much as you like her!” Jaime encouraged.

Liam blushed. “She does?” he asked.

I nodded. “Now GO!” I said pushing him out the door.

Jaime gave me a high five and we went to spy. All we heard was Megan squeal, and we peeked in and saw them hugging. Megan mouthed thank you and gave a thumbs up.

Now, Valencia and Niall… Valencia was studying as usual. Her hair was in a neat ponytail, and she was wearing a tank-top, yoga pants, and Nike sandals. We did our drill. Jaime called Valencia’s phone, and a minute later, we heard it buzzing in her room. She answered it, and we started the plan. Jaime cleared her throat and smiled.

“Yeah, hello, is this Valencia Parker?” she asked in a high pitched nasal voice. I had to cover my mouth to keep from giggling.

“Yes, who is this?” Valencia responded. She’s buying it!

Yes! Jaime continued. “Yeah, this is, uh, Marge Benton from the University of Amber Ridge (made it up), and I’m calling to let you know that your membership and scholarship has been denied” she responded.

Valencia blew up. “WHAT!? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE! I SENT IN ALLLL OF MY HARD WORK AND EFFORTS! MY GPA WAS OUSTANDING! HOW DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!” she exploded.

“Calm down Mrs. Parker, you can always come by and get it” Jaime went on, the covering her mouth to keep back the giggles.

“Really?! How?!” she said quickly. “Just follow the directions to the Scavenger Hunt ma’am” Jaime responded.

“Scavenger hunt??????”

“Uh, yes, its new. We have posted notes for the directions to where you can meet up with us to discuss things. Just follow the lead” she said then hung up.

Five minutes later, Valencia was out the door, and we went behind her. She found the “map” in the mailbox, and followed the directions. We led her through downtown, posting sticky notes of where else to go. It was fun! Then, after going across the bridges, two downtowns, and a busy rush hour, one of the notes led her to the bus station. We followed her on the double decker bus. It went to this beautiful garden. Valencia got off and looked everywhere. We watched from afar, and then popped out.

“What are you guys doing here?” Valencia asked.

Jaime smiled and so did I. “Turn around” we said. Confused, Valencia did so and gasped.

Niall stepped out with a long rose, and a guitar. He started strumming Little Things a little, and Valencia started to tear up.

After he concluded her put down his guitar, gave her the rose, and kissed her hand. “Valencia, now I know I mess with you like all the time…but it was just to get your attention…I really REALLY like you V…,, I do. I always have, and it would make me VERY happy if you’d accept to be my girlfriend. I promise to NEVER break your heart, and be there for you as though we were married. To listen to you, be there for you, and love you” he finally said.

Valencia was in tears. She looked at us and we thumbs up. Valencia covered her mouth and said, “Yes”.

Niall’s blues eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. “Really?” he said getting excited.

Valencia smiled, letting more happy tears fall, and said yes again hugging him. We did a good job..