chap 1. My last farewell

I zipped up my last suitcase that had the British flag on it, and took a sigh and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My mascara was ruined from my silent crying while I packed my belongings. This would be the last time for a while till I see London. My home. The place I was born and raised in. I wiped my tears with the last roll of toilet paper and fixed up my face and straightened my clothes up a bit. I was wearing this red hoodie and let my long dark curls go down to the middle of my back.

More tears wanted to escape, but I did whatever I could to keep them back. Of course that didn’t happen. After twenty minutes of sobbing, I fixed my face, faked a grin, and headed out the door. Like I said, this would be my last time in London for a while. I’m heading to the States with my Aunt Phoebe for a while. If I stay, lets just say it won’t do me any good. Lemme give you a quick back story about me. I’m Liam Payne’s cousin. We grew up together in England. Literally. His parents worked a lot, so him, his sisters, and I all stayed with our Na Na most of the time. I love Liam very much. He’s like the brother I never had. He’s very protective of me though. Very. When Liam entered the XFactor, we were all very proud and encouraged him to follow his dreams, which he did. Now, he’s in a popular boy band known as One Direction, or 1D

He’s made a close bond with his fellow band mates. Louis Tomlinson, who always makes me laugh. Niall Horan, the sweet Irish boy, who’s shy at points, but very funny and cool. Harry Styles, the giddy, yet flirty and cool guy with the load of hair and sparkling emerald eyes that girls swoon. Then…….there’s Zayn Malik. The main reason I’m flying half way across the country. When Zayn and I first met, we clicked right then and there. He was such a flirt, and at first, I played hard to get. He wound up earning my trust and love and we made it official, just secretly. If Liam ever knew, all hell would break loose, and it could also affect their friendship and the band.

But things have changed. It was a perfect five months of our relationship. The sneaking out, romantic dinners, the films we watched, the late night conversations on the phone and on Face Time. It’s all gone now…Cuz about a week ago or two, I found out everything was all just a big LIE! Zayn had been acting very strange, and I worried for him. I thought it was drugs again, but it was even much WORSE than drugs. I caught him cheating on me with Perrie Edwards. I was quite angry, flabbergasted. Whatever you say. Not only was I furious, I was also very sad, and hurt….I confronted him the previous night, and then finally, ended our relationship on the spot. Now that it’s over, I’m leaving…I just told Liam and the rest of the boys I just needed space, and they bought it. Though Harry got a little suspicious.

Liam walked up to me and gave me a long, big, and very tight bear hug, which only made me laugh a little.

“Liam! For goodness sake! Are you trying to KILL me?"

Liam shrugged and I playfully hit his arm, feeling at least a LITTLE bit of happiness.

"Oh c’mon cousin! You know I have to mess with you! "

Then he ruffled my hair, messing it up a little, which he knows annoys me and is my biggest pet peeve. Louis walked outside with my last suitcase and gave me a slight grin.

“Are you SURE you want to leave? It won’t be the same without you Emmie!”, Louis pouted giving me my suitcase. I smiled at the goofy nickname he gave me once we first met and pinched his cheeks.

“I’ll miss you most of all Louis Bear!” I teased then hugged him.

“If you ever change your mind, I’ll get you tickets as soon as possible”, Liam added helping with the rest of my bags.

“Thanks Liam”. Harry and Niall came racing out of the house with balloons and a huge white teddy bear. Seriously, the are too sweet.

“For you, my lady”, Niall bowed giving me the teddy bear. Harry tied the balloons on the arm of the teddy bear and winked at me.

“The whole thing was my idea”, he said then flipping his hair. Niall rolled his eyes and hugged me.

“Were gonna miss you Emma Poo!” Of course, I couldn’t help but laugh, and hugged them both.

For the first time in weeks, I felt happy, until Liam asked where Zayn was. My heart drooped like books falling off a shelf. I really didn’t want to say good-bye to Zayn…especially in front of the boys. I’d just get emotional or mad. But Zayn walked out ten seconds later with his favorite hat that said OBEY on it, a varsity jacket, and a pair of ripped jeans. He shaved his kinda visible beard, which was the only different thing about him. I avoided making eye contact and swallowed my sobs back.

“Zayn. Aren’t you going to say good-bye to Emma?”, Liam asked breaking the very awkward silence.

I still didn’t look up and just played with a strand of my curled hair. It was still quiet until he finally spoke.

“Bye Emma”. The sadness in his voice made things even more awkward. I just nodded and struggled to say good-bye, but did. Just no eye contact. But when I DID get eye contact, I could have sworn Zayn looked like he had been crying. His eyes were puffy and slightly pink. I said my final farewell, and got in the taxi. Everyone went back inside, and I waited for the cab driver to read over the map directions and do some paperwork, so we hadn’t left the driveway yet. Then, someone knocked on my window, and it was Zayn. Rolling my eyes, I turned it down and gave him a ’What do You want?" look.

“Please, Emma….don’t do this” he pleaded, with one hand on the halfway down window, and the other placed on the roof of the cab. “It’s to late Zayn…just let me be-”

“You can’t leave! I know it was a mistake! Please…forgive me”, he begged.

The cab driver told me he was ready and I shook my head. “Good-bye Zayn” I said rolling up the window. He moved his hand before it rolled up all the way and backed up from the cab. Then, as we pulled off, he watched, and I could tell he began crying again