Day 1: My Bestfriend

Dear Triv,

This letter is going to be way more profound then the last letter I wrote to you (which I'm pretty sure was something like 'can I borrow money for the canteen?' in the middle of law). Where do I even begin? You are one cool, sexy, funny, freaky girl. For a start, you're 16 and pregnant. Oh wait, scratch that, I mean 16 and awesome enough to hang out with the big kids. To quote your "favorite" movie of all time: "age is just a number baby." You're so talented at everything you do (except maybe football but we'll let that one slide because I'm nice) and so passionate about life. You may be younger then me but you inspire me and I know that you inspire all the others too. Whatever you want to do in life (which I know, for a fact, is what I want to do) you WILL achieve. I'm not even afraid to bet on that.

When we first started hanging out I wasn't sure exactly wht you were. Are you serious or just really really sarcastic all the time, are you into math and science or humanities, are you lazy or ambitious? Are you one of those perpetually depressed kids or do you just vauge out a lot, are you open or closed? Now I know--you're all of those things! (Like my backhanded compliment right there?) I can't remember when I decided you were going to be my best friend but I think it was around the time that you went into the newsagent to buy the newspaper when everyone else went to nandos. You're so cool kiddo.

Now for the bad part--I'm sorry about everything that happened last year/ beginning of this year. I'm sorry I'm such a jealous dick and I'm sorry, to quote the same "favorite" movie of yours, "I feel very protective of you." I know that what I did and what I didn't say and what I did say kind of killed it for us for a few months back there but I just didn't want to lose my best friend, you know? I know we've talked about it and we've moved on but I just want you to know that I'm not gonna let it happen again and whoever you want to be with is okay with me (unless it's Will. Date him and die). Now I give you one free pass to completely ruin one relationship of mine at any time you want. ;-)

I love our movie nights, I love how we can have heated arguments over the Academy Awards, I love that we couldn't finish that whole pizza last week (how freaking large was it? SERIOUSLY?), I love that we have that look of ours when we both just crack the shits, I love that we both hate HER, I love how you read War and Peace at the same time as watching American Idol, I love your right wing ways (even though you creep me out sometimes when you start going on about the possibilities of WW1 and immigration policies). I love how you're trying to find the perfect book to go with your outfit, I love how slow you are at running and I love how you're the only one who realizes how geeky and messed up I really am.

You're my best friend kid and I'm not planning on having that change. I joined watt pad for you! Even if you move (again!!), even if you grow four arms and start hanging out with HER, we will still be best friends. It's a lock in contract, sorry. No money back guarantee.

Next year, when I am in college (unless I completely bomb out and become a hairdresser like you planned for me) I'm going to miss you like hell. I can't imagine what life is going to be like when we can't go get Oak milk and sit next to the chapel and just piss everyone off. How are you going to survive assembly without me dude? How will you get out of doing things at the swimming carnival without the vice house swim captain on your side? (Damn the rigged votes). How am I going to get through criminology lectures without you coming up with stupid ways to break the law? Without you planning to create a cult...quite...well? HOW?! I don't know if you know this T-V but im as nervous for next year as you are. I'm terrified to go to uni without you. I don't even know where I'm going yet! Maybe I won't get in! Agh! Evey single day after school I'm going to be there waiting for you so we can grab some Indian take away and study hard like we have this year (okay...by that I mean watching crappy horror films that we laugh at). I just want you to know that even though we aren't going to be at the same insitute of schooling anymore (just a little but fancy,eh?) nothing is going to change. I'm sorry that I'm leaving you with those idiots but I've got to save you a place in the dorm dining hall, amiright? Plus, I've got to write all the essays and learn all the shit that you will later just breeze through because I'll be there, having already done it. Can't wait to open our law firm--"We only serve the rich and stupid." Fraud lawyer here, divorce lawyer there, maybe Will can do plastic surgery, then we'll literally own the whole of map 64. (You don't want to be a divorce lawyer? TOO BAD! I've already mapped out our lives!)

Lastly, I just want to say that all those stupid rumors aren't true and although we'd be a sexy, sexy couple I think we're way cooler as friends. Anyway, we can progress into friends with benefits later, right?

Right?

I love you Triv and I can't imagine life without you (seriously, how did I survive life before year 9?) Maybe we're not the stereotypical best friends--we haven't known each other since we were born, we aren't the same age or gender, we both secretly hope to see each other fail ;-), one calls Alexander the Great their hero because "he got to do his best friend AND conquer half the world" (not saying who)--but I think we're cooler that way. We fight, we block each other on skype, you call me rude racial slurs (I'm half German okay, not even that!), I influence you very, very badly but I think that's what makes it all so fun. Next year is not going to change anything and...well yeah, I think that's all I have to say.

*5 years baby, am I right?*

From your best friend Zed

(I am your best friend right? Dont say there's someone else and then say the pie is great and give me obviously sexual looks and then avenge your father whilst wearing a horribly made green goblin suit, please don't do that (crappy movie reference #3))