25: Morning is here

|TIME SKIP: The Next Morning|

I awoke to the singing of birds filling the atmosphere, their gentle tune caressing my ears.

My head was resting on a pillow with my body under the pure, white linen.

I decided to sit up and outstretch my whole body, relieving my muscles. The sound of the bed sheets rustling together consecutively.

I disheveled my hair out of exhaustion and pulled the white sheets off my body, the cold biting my skin instantaneously.

I yawned without warning as I stood up from my position. I could feel the frigid floor compliment my feet unpleasantly, though, I ignored the feeling and trailed my way to the bathroom, grabbing my phone on the way.

I wanted to freshen up before I started the day by firstly taking a nice shower. However, as I was walking to the bathroom, I turned on my phone only to see three big numbers gawking at me: 8:31 am.

It's only then the thought of school today inhabits my mind, panic arising from the depths of my used-to-be relaxed state.

Wait... school is today. There is school today and it starts in 30 minutes.

My eyes grow wide at this thought, and I practically turn into a sprint and dart towards the bathroom.

"Why didn't I wake up earlier!?" I cry out in anguish.

I tore the bathroom door open and ran to my closet, tearing through my clothes to find my desired school uniform.

30 minutes is not enough to get ready. I mean, I still have to do my hair, my makeup, my facial routine, and gosh, who knows what else!?

I throw my clothes off and put on my school uniform, rushing to my bathroom mirror after I dress myself.

No time for a shower!

I grab the hair brush roughly and, in haste, brush through the strands of my hair. It did hurt, but I didn't really care right now because of how limited time was to get ready.

I open the cabinet drawer and grab my makeup hiding in the dark.

I quickly open the abundance of cosmetics and, at this point, I basically plaster it on.

I had the urge to check my phone to see how much time I had left, and, as I did, my eyes bulged at the time displayed on my phone: 8:38 am.

I inhale a deep breath, trying to calm my buzzing nerves.

It's okay, Y/N. You have what? 22 more minutes left? It's okay you still have time..

My movements slow as I realize I was close to a finish on my makeup. I decided to go for a neutral yet vivid look since I overall had like, ten minutes to do my makeup.

As you can tell, I'm not really a perfectionist when it comes to my looks.

Finishing the look, I put the last swipe of clear lipgloss on my lips, adding a sheer coat of gloss to my nude-colored lips to which this added a seducing look that is unintended.

I smile in triumph as I look in the mirror, satisfied with my rushed display of makeup on my face.

I then turn towards the bathroom door and rush towards the exit way. As I open the doorknob of my bathroom door, I walk back into my bedroom. However, I see a glimpse of a male sprawled out across my bed, his feet hanging off the edge recklessly.