Epilogue

Brendon's POV:

It wasn't my time to die. When I fell off the bridge I was rushed to the hospital right away. Apparently I died and got brought back. Some days I wish they would've let me die. But then I would have never met Knox.

Before Dallon died he always talked about wanting kids one day. So in honor of Dallon I adopted Knox. I got him when he was just a baby and now he's finally 18 today.

I knocked on Knox's door to wake him up. "Wake up birthday boy!" I said as I opened his door.

"Get out dad!"

"My baby's an adult now."

"I'm not your baby."

"You will always be my baby no matter how old you are. So what do you wanna do today?" I ask.

"I wanna sleep some more then I'll tell you."

"Okay but you're not going to sleep all day."

"I won't now go away!"

And with that I left. I went to the store while he was sleeping to pick up his birthday brownies. He never liked cake so it was a tradition to get him brownies for his birthday.

When I got back home it was almost noon so I went back upstairs to wake up Knox.

"Good morning starshine the earth says hello." I say, opening the door. Knox was already up and getting dressed when I opened the door. "Do you know what you want to do today?" I ask.

"Is it okay if we visit dad's grave today and then hang out at the vacation house all day?"

"Yeah that's fine." The vacation house is the place I took Dallon when he got out of the hospital. When I adopted Knox I bought that house as our vacation home.

I get myself ready to go. We stop at a gas station to pick up some flowers on the way to the graveyard. Knox sets the flowers in front of Dallon's tombstone.

"I wish I could have met dad," Knox says.

"I do too."

"Do you ever wish you could bring him back or be with him?"

"All the time."

"Never leave me. Okay dad?" Knox says while hugging me.

"I'll never leave you."

"Thank you. Can we get out of here now before I get too sad."

"Sure."

We spend the rest of the day at the vacation home swimming and watching Netflix. Right as I'm about to go to bed Knox stops me.

"Dad I've been keeping a secret from you."

"What's that?"

"I know I shouldn't have been afraid to tell you because I know you're gay but I've been seeing someone."

"A boy?"

"Yes," he says, looking at his lap.

"Hey you can tell me anything. I'll never judge you."

"I know it's just..."

"What."

"I'm dating Bronx."

"Pete and Patrick's son?"

"Yes."

"Well as long as you guys are safe..."

"Okay dad. Thanks."

"Your welcome and goodnight."

"Goodnight."