The IV and your hospital bed

Brendon's POV:

I woke up to a phone call from someone. I let it go to voice mail then about an hour later I got another call. Caller ID said his name was Josh. What was this person doing calling me so early in the morning.

I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi is this Brendon Urie?" The caller asked.

"Yes. What do you want?"

"Your boyfriend got drinks with me last night. He was really drunk so I brought him to my place. This morning I found him locked in my bathroom."

Oh no not again.

"He shot himself. He's at the hospital."

He what?! I couldn't say anything. I was in shock. Why would he shoot himself. Dammit Dallon. I shouldn't have let him leave my sight.

"What hospital is he at?"

This Josh guy told me the hospital he was at. I got up, got dressed,
got in my car, and drove to the hospital.

Once I got there I walked up to the front desk and asked them what room Dallon Weekes was in. I walked to his room and I saw Dallon in the hospital bed and Josh in one of the chairs.

"I'm so sorry I should've been awake. I could've stopped this."

"It's okay it's not your fault," I said.

What was Dallon thinking. What could've made him so upset that he had to shoot himself. Soon the doctor walked in.

"So do you want to here the good news or the bad news first?" The doctor asked.

"Good news," I said.

"Well the good news is, is that we managed to stop the bleeding in his brain."

"And bad news?"

"The bad news is that he's brain dead."

Dead. My heart shattered.

"B-But the machines are still working," I said with tears filling my eyes.

He can't be dead. This was an accident. He wasn't supposed to die.

"The machines are the only thing keeping him alive. But technically he's not really alive."

"Your lying. Dallon's not dead!"

"Calm down sir. I'll give you a hour with him before we have to come pull the plug."

I started hysterically crying. This isn't happening. Not to Dallon. It's not supposed to end like this. I was going to fix him.

"I'm so sorry," Josh said, rubbing my back.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check how much time I have left with him when I see that I have a voice message from Dallon. I click on the message and listen to it. Dallon was crying.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened last night. One second I was drinking and the next thing I know I was naked in someone else's bed."

I looked over at Josh who had his head in his hands.

"I'm such a shit boyfriend. I don't deserve you. I don't deserve anyone. I'm sorry."

And that was the end of the message.

"S-So Dallon was drunk and you brought him to your house huh?" I asked

"Ya I'm so sorry I didn't wake up and stop him."

"You took him to your house and you took advantage of him?!"

"I have no idea what your talking about."

"Yes you do! You had sex with Dallon while he was drunk! What did you think, because he's so weak and has a low self esteem that he'd be an easy target?!"

"No. You don't know what you're talking about."

"Dallon called me crying saying he woke up naked in your bed! You sick bastard! He killed himself because of what you did to him!"

"I didn't do anything to him!"

"Get out of here now! Before I call the police!"

"Jesus Brendon."

"Get out!"

Josh left after that. I got up and climbed into Dallon's hospital bed. I held him in my arms. "If you can hear me this wasn't your fault. Okay baby? I love you." My eyes started watering. "I love you baby. I don't blame you for this. You will always be the best boyfriend I've ever had. God I wish you didn't do this to yourself. Dallon please come back to me."

I cried while holding Dallon. Eventually the doctor came around and he had to unplug the machines. I watched as the rest of Dallon's life left his body. It was the most painful thing I've ever had to deal with.