She's not bleeding on the ballroom floor just for the attention

Dallon's POV:

Group was starting and I started getting nervous. What if no one accepts my apology. What if they laugh at me. I have to just get it done and over with.

"Let's go in a circle and all say how we're feeling right now," the group leader suggests.

"Bored,

Happy,

Fat,

Tired,

Angry," people answered.

It was my turn to answer and I said, "nervous."

"Alright who wants to go first and explain why they're feeling that way.

My hand shot up right away. The group leader called on me.

"I'm nervous because I want to apologize to everyone I was mean to. I just don't know how to. I know I've been being a dick. And it's because I have issues. We all do. But I've been letting my issues get in the way of other people's feelings."

"Who are you trying to apologize?"

"Frank, Sarah, and anyone else who was affected by my acting out."

"Okay who thinks they were affected by Dallon?" The group leader asks the group. Almost everyone raises their hand.

"How do we know you'll change?" Sarah asks.

"Because I want to get out of here and I know the way I've been acting won't get me out of here."

"So it sounds like you're only apologizing for selfish reasons."

"Well if that's selfish of me then every single one of you are selfish. You're all doing things to get yourselves out. This is my way of getting out. Saying I'm sorry and changing my ways."

"That is a good point Dallon. What are the rest of you doing to change your ways?" The group leader asks.

Group went on slowly. I didn't speak for the rest of group.

Sarah is so stuck up. I apologized and she just tried to make me look bad. Why can't she just get over herself and accept my apology. She can still hate me all she wants but at least forgive me.

I confronted her outside of group.

"What was that all about."

"I don't know what you're talking about," she says.

"Why can't you just forgive me?"

"It didn't seem like your apology was sincere."

"I'm sorry. I mean it what more do you want me to do?"

"I want you to mean it."

"I do mean it. I swear to god I'm not lying."

"You shouldn't be swearing to god."

"Oh my god are you serious."

"No. But I still don't forgive you. I'll forgive you when I actually see you trying to get better."

"Deal."

"Really?"

"Really."