"it's nothing." izumi shrugged, giving him a reassuring smile.

"but-"

"drop it hyunjin." seungmin spoke up, letting everyone know that he had arrived too. it was strange to hear him speak like that, but it made hyunjin back off as he held his hands up in defense.

"okay, sorry for worrying." izumi smiled, pinching his cheeks.

"aigoo, thank you so much for worrying, my friend." she teased, causing hyunjin to whine in protest as he swatted her hand away, although felix noticed how he faltered at the word 'friend'. hyunjin stuck his tongue out at izumi before turning around, just in time as the teacher had entered.

felix also turned around but not before seeing izumi mouth a 'thank you' to seungmin. what were they hiding? should he ask about it, or just drop it?

the only reason seungmin had known about what had happened to izumi's family was because that day, izumi was in a state of panic and had no idea what to do. she had rang seungmin when she was hiding in her room that day and had vented it all out, but he didn't really understand the situation, she was in complete hysterics and could barely get out a complete sentence which had worried seungmin.

he had gone over to her house that day, but by the time he had arrived, news of izumi's mother and brother had already reached and izumi was left home alone whilst her father went to the hospital. seungmin had comforted izumi, taking care of her, but he couldn't help but notice how she constantly blamed herself for everything. he still wonders to this day why it was her fault in the first place.

izumi sighed, staring out the window. she hadn't seen jeongin since yesterday. she wanted to make sure that he was doing okay. it was the first time she had ever seen jeongin cry, he had always stayed strong throughout everything. when he was criticised for his dance, when he had gotten a low score in his exams and was scolded by his parents, when his pet fish had died, throughout everything jeongin always remained strong.

it was reassuring to finally let him release all that pent up emotion, but it also worried izumi a lot since that state of mind wasn't healthy at all.

without realisation, a whole hour had somehow passed along with izumi completely dazed. she had only snapped out of it thanks to the bell that signalled break. glancing around, she noticed that everyone was already heading out of the classroom or packing away their things.

felix stood up, heading out of the classroom first without the others. "izumi, you coming?" seungmin questioned, him and hyunjin waiting patiently for her.

"you guys go first, i'm going to look for jeongin." she waved goodbye, heading out of the other end of the classroom as they headed out the back door. izumi sighed, heading up the stairs where the younger year's classes were.

she peered inside his class, looking around for the boy. there were still a lot of students sat in the classroom making it difficult for her to spot the boy, but she had found him sat on a desk as he talked to his friends.

"yang jeongin." she called for him. he looked up at the sound of his name, his friends following suite. izumi smiled, waving him over. his friends immediately began teasing him, nudging him as he walked over to izumi.

"noona, do you really have to embarrass me like that?" he whined as the two walked away from the classroom and stood next to a window. 

"of course, what would my life be unless i spent it embarrassing you?" she teased, pinching his cheek.  

"stop~, why are you being so annoying so early in the morning?" he whined cutely, pushing her hand away. izumi chuckled, she should've known that jeongin would be able to handle himself. 

"ay, i was worried about you for nothing." she sighed, glancing out the window. "of course, my jeonginnie is all grown up." she fake cried, wiping away a fake tear.

"you don't have to worry noona, i'm really fine now." jeongin reassured, patting her back. however he suddenly became serious. "are you okay?" he questioned, noticing how izumi was avoiding his gaze.

"me? of course, i'm stronger than you think i am." she grinned, patting his head.

"noona." he grabbed her wrist, looking her dead in the eye. "if it's hard then say something, don't hold back." jeongin released her wrist, allowing her hand to fall back to her side. she opened her mouth to speak, but someone else had beat her to it.

"wait, isn't that the new kid?"

"no way, that australian kid punched jaemin!"

students gathered around the windows, peering outside at the gossip that was beginning to spread. izumi followed their gaze at the mention of felix, her eyes finding the boy immediately.

"felix." jeongin heard her mumble, turning to ask her if she knew him, but izumi was already running down the corridor and towards felix.