Chaprer 70 ~ Only Carter.

~ A m b e r ~

~ A m b e r ~

"And it's seven!" Jan said excitedly and clapped happily.

I don't know why she was so excited, it was just a date.

Not that that isn't exciting but it isn't like it's our first date.

Ding dong!

I opened the door almost immediately, ready to go out with Carter and have a good time.

"Hey Ca..." my eyes ran up and down his form.

He was wearing a black suit with a red tie, that matched my red mid-thigh dress and curly, unruly hair.

"Amber you look incredible. Just how I imagined." Carter breathed out.

I raised a brow "Like you imagined?"

Then I heard a smack behind me and turned around to see Jan face palming.

Before I could continue to investigate Carter spoke up.

"I mean, I asked Jan what colored dress you were wearing so I could match my tie. And she described the dress to me." He explained nervously.

I nodded slowly. Not buying his bullshit but not saying anything about it.

"Okay, well... let's go." I said and waved bye to Jan before leaving the dorm on Carter's arm.

"You really do look incredible tonight Darling." He said just above a whisper.

I smiled bigger "Thank you."

He opened the car door for me and I carefully climbed in. Then he shut it and went around to his side.

"Are you ready? I hear this restuarant has the best view of the sunset over the sea! Maybe we could walk the beach after dinner?" Carter asked hopefully, though keeping his eyes on the road.

I nodded though he couldn't see me "Sounds amazing Carter." I said sincerely.

We arrived at the restaurant and it was beautiful.

Crystal chandeliers were handing in the four corners of the large room of the first floor.

There was a huge spiral staircase that had a shallow pole running through the center of it. The pole was filled with an aquarium and beautiful, unique fish swimming about the long, tubular tank.

The wall directly across from the wall with the entrance wasn't really a wall.  It was dangles that were handing from the roof level and dragged all the way down to the floor.

"Through those dangles is access to the beach." Carter pointed just over my shoulder, leaning into me.

I smiled and nodded.

"Mr. And Ms. Rink." The waiter said. I was going to correct him, but the boyish smile Carter was throwing my way had me changing my mind.

I smiled back at Carter and, if possible, his smile grew and he seemed more relaxed.