Chapter 46 ~ I Look Fantastic!

~ A m b e r ~

~ A m b e r ~

The past week and a half have been hell.

Everybody is either laughing at me or giving me sympathetic looks. Both I hate with a burning passion.

Work hasn't been much easier either.

Jerry is pissed that my name is being negatively discussed in the media, which inevitably drags RLttB into the discussions.

Libby has been home sick for the past three days.

And Carter? Well... I've been trying to avoid him. I can't trust being around him, almost every time we are together things get... shall I say.... heated? He has a girlfriend, and I am not a side-chick nor a relationship-breaker.

I don't want to be that girl. That one girl that nobody likes in the love stories because the OTP would be perfect without her. She is getting in the way of everything.

Whether that be a coworker, a neighbor, a classmate, or an ex.

It's not me.

The only people I have right now are Ash and Jan.

And right now, Ash, Jan, and I are all getting ready for the big ball RLttB is hosting tonight.

We have been preparing for months so I'm not nervous about the event, more nervous about interacting with all of the investors. I have met a few but not all of them. And now that I am the new heir I will be meeting and talking to everybody.

"Hold still!" Jan screeched in my ear, and not a moment later I yelped and jumped away form the hot flat iron that burned my ear.

"Jan! That hurt!" I whined.

"Sor-REE!" She exclaimed with and eye roll, then added "I told you to hold still!"

I sighed and mumbled incoherencies under my breath.

Ash wasn't in my room with Jan and I, obviously. He was in the bathroom taking a shower and getting ready himself. While Jan and I were in my room getting ready.

"There! Your hair is done! Now let's spray some hair spray on it-" she said as she sprayed a cloud of hair spray around my head "-and now we'll do your makeup!" She exclaimed happily.

"Mmmm!" I hummed as I sucked in a deep breath through my nose. "I love the smell of this!" I exclaimed happily and snatched the bottle from her hands. "Hey!" She cried but didn't move to take it back as I read the bottle.

"Vanilla and shea butter...?" I asked while looking up at her. She just nodded with a smile and then shoved a color pallet in my face "Which color do you want?"

~~

"And done!" She exclaimed happily and clapped her hands. "Take a look!" She said as she slid my chair over to the mirror I have sitting on a hair and makeup dresser.