Chapter 65 ~ Tears and Wicked Grins

~ A m b e r ~

~ A m b e r ~

~•*7 months later.•*•~

"And now, the valedictorian of this years graduating class, Ms. Amber Lynn!" The MC announces and I pranced on stage happily.

I scanned the crowd, finally finding Carter cheering for me in the audience. Our eyes connected and I smiled, to which he responded by blowing a kiss in my direction.

I smiled more and looked behind me at Ash and Jan sitting behind me in their caps and gowns.

I mega watt smiled at them, which they promptly returned.

Then I faced the crowd and began my speech "Hello! I am so honored to be here today on this stage as valedictorian!

I want to start off my thanking my teachers and advisers! They have been extremely helpful throughout my entire education journey here at MBU.

I am so happy to be graduating!"

The crowd cheered for that.

I laughed "I am so excited to move into this new stage in my life with my best friends-"

I turned around and smiled at them.

"-my amazing boyfriend-" I announced happily. Getting butterflies in my stomach, as usual, when I call him that.

"-and despite our rough patches, my family."

I looked at the empty seat that was reserved for my father.

I remember the day he reserved it.

"I can't wait to see you graduate sweetie!" Dad said happily as he reserved three seats.

I chuckled and shook my head "Dad I'm a freshman."

He smiled up at me "I know, but I just can't wait! And plus they have the option to reserve seats so, hey, why not?!"

I started to tear up but continued onward.

"And despite any distance between us, my family."

I looked at the seat reserved for my mother.

"Why three seats?" I questioned, pointing to the little three he selected on the screen.