Chapter 51 ~ Let's Go Idiot

~ A m b e r ~

~ A m b e r ~

"But Carter-" Ash shot a glare towards Carter "-can't be trusted!"

Carter was about to retaliate but Jan cut in again "Even if that's so, Amb can be trusted."

Ash looked like he wanted to argue again but Jan continued "Please?"

She tried to do a pleasing face but Ash was too busy glaring st Carter to notice.

"I want to get some ice cream." She said in her pleasing tone still.

Ice cream was Ash's weakness.

He groaned and ran a hand down his face "Fine!" He exclaimed turning to face Jan.

His facial features softened when he got a look at her but he quickly turned back to us. Well... back to Carter.

"Don't even think about any funny business." He said with a shocking amount of seriousness for somebody like Ash.

Carter threw his hands up in the universal sign of surrender "Chill dude."

Jan tugged on Ash's sleeve just as he was about to make another comment about "funny business".

"Come on Ash. Now please!" Jan continued to plead.

Ash once again groaned. "Fine-UH!"

But before he left he shot ike last glare at Carter.

"Welp. I guess we won't be telling jokes tonight." Carter commented, gazing down at me with a slight smirk.

"What?" I asked with a questioning brow.

"He said no funny business. I'm assuming that means jokes." He stated, his grin getting bigger.

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Let's go idiot."

He threw his head back and laughed as we made our way to the exit.

~~

Cricket.

Cricket.

Cricket.

Literally it was drop-a-pin silent.

Carter and I have not talked since Carter asked where I lived and I told him so he could tell George.

The silence was thick and cram packed with awkward coughs and fake yawns.

I stole glances at him as I pretend to look through my purse or read on my phone.

Why were things so awkward?

Why couldn't we just talk like normal peop-

"Well Amber..." Carter attempted.

I looked over at him questioningly, silently asking what he wanted to talk about.

"This is your stop right?" It took a second to realize what he was asking, but when I finally glanced out the window I saw the familiar building of my dorm outside.

"Yeah... this is..." I said pretty softly as I unbuckled and grabbed my purse.

"Erm... thank you." I said as I climbed out the car and slammed the door shut.

Quickly I rushed to the door of the building, desperate to get out of sight so I could throw a fit.

"Amber!"

That one word.

My name.

Stopped me dead in my tracks.

He called after me.

I spun on me heel just in time to see him climbing out the car and rushing toward me.

"Wait!"

I smirked "I am waiting. What do you need?"

He smiled a little and rolled his eyes. "Smart ass. I wanted to ask you if you maybe... wanna... watch a movie? Tonight? In your dorm room?" He asked looking everywhere but at me.

I smiled more "Sure!" I chirped.

He seemed surprised for a second but quickly wiped his face clean and nodded, then walked over to the door and opened it.

"M'Lady." He said while bowing dramatically deep.

I laughed and shook my head, but still played along.

"Why, thank you good sir." I said with a curtsy and strolled into the building.

~•♡•~

Hey guys!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It wasn't a filler because things happened, it just wasn't my most exciting chapter.

Buuuutttt don't worry...

😏

What do you think is gonna happen next chapter?

Anyway! Please vote, share, and comment!

Thanks guys!

~Ell