Chapter 50 ~ Yeah but That Just Doesn't Sound Right for Us

~ A m b e r ~

~ A m b e r ~

Darlin you look
Perfect
Tonight

The lights slowly flickered back on, but I didn't move.

Neither did Carter.

I took a deep breath and looked up at him, but not moving away.

He looked down at me and a smile spread across his face.

"Babe..." he trailed off.

I felt a warm, dewy feeling spread from my chest to the tips of my toes.

"You... looke perfect tonight."

It took me a second.

I scoffed and pulled away from him a little "Its darlin you look perfect tonight. Not babe."

He smirked "yeah but that just doesn't sound right for us... ya know?" He asked with a wide grin now.

I rolled my eyes but a smile was still clear on my face.

"Awe! How cute! You two dancing together was amazingly spark filled!"

I turned and came face to face with a beautiful young lady. She had the skin tone of rich carmel and dark chocolate, wavy brown hair that went down to her ass.

Lucky bitch.

I recognized her as Carie Bailey, from Bailey Blackbird Boutique.

"Hi. Nice to meet you! I'm Carie Bailey! The founder of Bailey Blackbird Boutique!" She said chirpily.

"Erm... hello. I'm Amber Lynn, heir of the company Rinked-Lynn to the Brink, and this is my coworker Carter Rink." I stated while looking up at him.

My fake smile instantly turned to a real one when I came to see he was already staring down at me. Not even sparing a glance toward the super beautiful brown-haired girl in front of us.

"You two are just adorable!" Her voice interrupted and gazing moment.

Dragging my eyes back to her, my fake smile took over again.

"Thank you!"

She smiled and nodded.

"So about RLttB's stock this month."

She started.

Great. This night is going to be sooooo fun!

...

Sarcasm

...

That was sarcasm.

~~

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for coming tonight!" Libby, the MC, said with a huge smile and she handed the last gift bag to the highest bidder.

"You can enjoy yourselves for the rest of the night! That wraps up this event! Thanks for coming!"

Everybody clapped as Libby and the winner left the stage.

This entire night has been a wreck.

Poppy tried to spill punch on my dress. Twice.

Poppy witches my water with vodka. So now I'm almost but not quite drunk.

Poppy interrupted Carter and I's conversation on more occasions that five.

And to make matters worse I had to talk about stocks and investments all night. As well as give an opening speech.

I hate giving speeches.

And to make matters the worst I haven't been able to locate Jan or Ash all night.

It's like the disappeared.

Ironically, "Hey Little A!" I spun around to the only person who would call me that.

"Ash! How was your night? And wheres Jan?"

"It was super fun! I met a lot of cool people! But I have not clue where Jan is. After she took me away from you and Carter..." a frown took over his happy demeanor "we hung out for some time, but once the slow song came on she had to go to the bathroom and I haven't seen her since." He finished off.

I found that odd but didn't show it. Instead I just shrugged with a smile "Well I'm sure she'll turn up." He nodded and opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it with another frown.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking over my shoulder to see Carter coming our way.

"Hey guys!" He said when he arrived. Then he looked over to me "Ready?" He asked.

I was surprised to say the least, but still I nodded "yeah just let me get my-"

"Whoah. Whoah whoah whoah shosh whoah whoah." Ahs cut in. His now narrowed eyes flickering between us both.

"You." He stated, his eyes focused solely on Carter now. "Are taking her home?"

"Yeah?" Carter basically asked.

"No. You're not. I am." Ash stated with finality.

"Mmmm.... no. You're not. Carter is." My eyes widened. Did I really just say that? So cruelly?!

"But Jan!" Ash whined. And soon enough, Jan came into view.

Well... she turned up.

~•♡•~

Hey guys!

Not extremely eventful. I wanted to get over with the entire ball part because nothing was going to happen there.

Just stocks and investments. As Amb so nicely phrased it.

Did you like this chapter or do you wish I would have wrote about the ball?

I hope you enjoyed!

As always please vote, share, and comment!

Thanks guys!

~Ell