Chapter 24 ~ Enough with the Sexual Innuendos.

~ A m b e r ~

~ A m b e r ~

"Okay here is the binder for the investor charts." Libby said handing me a thick, royal blue binder.

"Here is the binder for the stock holder charts and our investments." Then she handed me a just as thick bright red binder.

"And lastly, here are the calendars for the entire year, the attire required for each every, the salary you get from each event, the location, time, place, what it's about, all that good stuff." Libby said handing me the thinner than the other two but still thick baby yellow binder.

I smiled "Thank you Libby. Do you have a copy of all of these too? I was told you would be emailing the investors and updating me and them weekly. Also, you were going to help me plan any upcoming events whenever those are coming up. You would also attend any meetings I have to go to when it comes to investments and stock." 

Libby nodded with a smile "I have everything I need." 

I smiled at her. "Great." I handed her back the binders and the papers I got form Mr. Rink, then I took the coffee she had got me. She stumbled back a little but didn't fall or drop anything. "Can you put those on my desk for me? I'm going to go meet Carter."

Libby nodded wordlessly with a slight smile on her face, then she made her way to my office doors.

I honestly couldn't wait to see my office, but I had to get a couple things straight with Carter.

I started toward one of the sets of doors but then I froze and realized, I have no clue which one is Carter's office.

Well there are only two so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

I started making my way to the doors directly across form mine and sure enough, I saw Carter.

I have never met him before, but I could easily recognize him from all the fame he gets on magazines and TV shows. He is a huge played and hella hot, but he isn't dedicated to his work.

I pushed the door open, not caring to knock because we are co-workers , he's not my boss.

"Oh! I was just working on some paperwork fathe-" He cut off mid sentence when our eyes locked. But our eyes didn't stay locked for long because as you could've guessed, Carter being the player he is, roamed his eyes up and down my body. Basically undressing me in his mind.

A disgusted shiver ran down my spine and I cleared my throat.

"Enough, Carter. Look up here and only here." I said pointing at my eyes. Carter's eyes shot back up to mine and his smug grin did nothing but deepen.

"Hello little lady." he said showing off his signature smirk that he wore in all his photos and interviews. I guess it made the ladies melt but I was no ordinary lady. I rolled my eyes and scoffed "I liked your previous tone before."

He seemed surprised, like he didn't expect me to actually deny his attempt to flirt with me. But he quickly recovered yet his smirk did not return.

"Who are you?" he asked standing up and coming over to me. Once he was standing I took a second to examine him, see how he presents himself.

He had brunette hair that stopped at his shoulder and a black fedora on his head. He was wearing a black button down that had 3/4th sleeves and some dark washed jeans along with some black, more formal, dress shoes.

My eyes went back up to his when I heard him chuckle, "Take a picture sweetheart. It'll last longer." I sneered, but it wasn't all that powerful. "I am Amber Lynn. The co-heir of this company along with you."

The smirk he once recovered slipped right back off his face. He froze, his forest green eyes wide with what seemed like anger and horror. I wasn't the best at reading people but in business you pick up of few tips and tricks.

"Co-heir? What the fuck does that mean?" He seemed frustrated now as he got closer to me, but I din't step back.

"It means when your father passes on the company it will be both mine and yours. Also, it means the new company name is Rinked-Lynn to the Brink." I said with a smug smirk.

Carter stayed silent for some time and I just stared at him.

Damn did he have a bad poker face!

I chuckled and continued "Listen, I take my work really seriously and if we are going to work together you need to take it seriously too. If you're going to do this with me then you're going to have to do it right, or I can just speak with your father and explain the situation and your lack of work in this company."

Carter stared at me for a moment longer, until his smirk skipped back onto his face "Oh I'm going to do it with you, and trust me I'm going to do it right. You'll be exhausted by the time I'm done."

I blushed hard when I realized the double meaning he took on my words. I heard him laughing but decided on disregarded it "Whatever Carter. Enough with the sexual innuendos. Just take our work seriously, I don't want to fuck anything up."

"Awe." he pouted and I glanced up at him. 

"What?" I asked, confused as to why he's upset.

He stuck his bottom lip out then spoke up "But I want to fuck you up. Really bad."

I blushed hard again and stormed out the room letting my hair curtain my face.

His laughs followed behind me but became muffled as I slammed his door and stormed off to my office.

~•♡•~

Hey guys!

Welp there is some more flirting for you! The romance, suggestive looks, smug smirks, and flirty comments are all starting to roll in! And soon enough the deep romance and drama will begin! Get excited!

What do you think of Carter? Do you like him or hate him already?

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writing this! I tried my best on the sexual comments, but I'm still working on it. Soz if they are cliche or not the best!

As usual guys please vote, share, and comment! I love reading comments and I try and reply to every one!

Thanks guys!

~Ell