Chapter 43 ~ Super.

~ A m b e r ~

~ A m b e r ~

"Amber!"

Another bang on the door came.

"Amber come oooonnnnn.... why did you just run away?!" He sounded frustrated and a little hurt.

...

How did I get here?

...

Well let's go back to the kiss.

After Carter and I kissed, after Libby interrupted, after Carter mad that sexual joke, I ran away.

Why?

Because I just realized that that blond bitch... Puppy? Ploppy? Puffy? What-the-fuck-ever. I realized that Ploppy might think they are dating. They did go on a date, after all.

Erog, dating.

And she is a super powerful, super beautiful, super model after all.

...

Super. Just super!

...

...

...

Sarcasm. That was sarcasm.

I groaned.

I'm a hot mess.

"Because of Ploppy!" I finally replied to Carter.

At first I thought he might actually like me, after all this is the whatever number of times we have kissed. Would you repeatedly kiss somebody you didn't like?

But then after Libby left Carter said "Now... about Ploppy..." and then I freaked.

I heard Carter stop his incessant banging on the bathroom door and chuckle. "Ploppy?"

I smiled a little.

Just a little.

~~

Finally, after an hour of banging on the bathroom door, Mr. Rink, Carter's dad, made Carter return to his office to finish the preparation for the Information Stations.

Work was already almost over by now and I had finished practically everything for today. After working at this company for a month and some change you get quicker at the job.

Buzz! Buzz! Buzzz! Buzzzzzzzz! Buuuuuuzzzzzzz! BUUUUZZZZZZZ!

It sometimes seemed as if my phone got irritated with me.

I chuckled and picked up the phone "Hello?"

"Hello. May I please speak with Ms. Lynn?" Some random voice came from the other side.

"Erm... May I take a message?" I asked in a high pitched tone with a British accent.

...

Hey don't judge! I have no clue who this is!

"No. I'm sorry mam this must go directly to Ms. Lynn. Can you please have her call be back at this number at her earliest convenience. This is of great importance." He stated.

I sighed "One moment please." I kept up the accent.

Then I moved the phone away from my face, shuffled my feet, moved some papers around, and cleared my throat, finally bringing the phone back up to my face once again.

"Hello? This is Ms. Lynn how may I help you?" I asked in my normal professional tone.

"Hello Ms. Lynn. This is the Local Police Department and we are calling because of the recent arrest of a family member." He stated then paused, like he wanted me to confirm something as bazaar as that.

He must have realized I wasn't going to say anything because he cleared his throat then continued "He said this was his emergency contact and we wanted to reach out and confirm your full legal name, your date and location of birth, your social security number, and the best phone number to use to reach out to you in the case of an emergency. 

Can you please come down to the LPD office off the 437 E so we can get all the paper work sorted out?" He asked like this was a totally normal conversation to be having.

It wasn't.

This wasn't a totally normal conversation to be having because I have no family members in jail right now.

I blinked a few times. So many questions running through my head.

Recent family member arrested?

When were they arrested?

Who was arrested?

Why were they arrested?

Who called the cops?

Is anybody hurt?

Whichever family member was arrested, why was I the emergency contact?

I had so many questions, but instead of asking any of them I just simply responded "Okay." and hung up.

~•♡•~

Hey guys!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was a borderline filler chapter, I know that and I'm sorry. This is just a mini set up for the next chapters to come! These next few chapters will play a huge role in the book later on!

Question of the chapter! Who do you think was arrested and why? And who called the cops?

As always please vote, share, and comment!

Thanks guys!

~Ell