Chapter 41 ~ There! I Told You! Happy?!

~ A m b e r ~

~ A m b e r ~

"Amber....." He trailed off, not letting go of my shoulders. I kept looking down at the floor "What Carter? See something else you don't like about me?' I asked with more venom that necessary. I heard him sigh, then he gripped my gin between hid fingers gently and had me look up. "What happened to the side of your face? And why did you screen when I hugged you?" He asked, finally letting go of my shoulders but sadly gripping my hands.

I winced and he must have noticed because he looked down and saw my wrist wrapped up.

"Amber what happened?!" He said with more concern now.

"Nothing Carter. Leave me alone. Where is your blond bitch?" I grumbled the last part.

He sighed "I was drunk, I'm sorry." I rolled my eyes, but for some reason felt slightly better after hearing him say he was drunk.

"Anyway, we can talk about my stupid decisions and my reasons later. After we discuss what the hell happened to you." He stated with determination.

"Nothing Carter." I stressed, trying to pull my hands away but flinching.

"Amber who..." He trailed off studying my face.

"Nobody Carter. Why do you even care? Are you trying to get dirt on me to make me lose my job again?" I bluntly asked glaring up at him.

He seemed taken back but didn't move "No! Of course not!" He paused before speaking again. "Again?! What are you talking about?" He seemed shocked and surprised.

I just glared then rolled my eyes. He shook his head as if dismissing a thought. "Whatever. Amber what happened?"

I shook my head and opened my mouth "No-" He cut me off.

"If you say nothing one more time I'm leaving!" He said frustratedly.

For some reason, I didn't say 'nothing' again.

He let out a small sigh "Amber please, I really care about you. I know I have a strange way of showing it.... getting with Poppy and all.... but I do really like you Amber. And I car about you! I'm not trying to get you to lose your job, I swear. Please tell me what happened."

I sighed, studying his face. 

An emotion flushed in me but I chose to ignore it. 

It wasn't real.

"Carter...."

I trailed off.

"Please?" He pleaded and stared at me with his forest green eyes.

"Fine! My father beat the shit out of me because he was mad I joined Jerry. He has been a mess since the company fell and it isn't the first time he has hit me, but I decided to go check up on him because he is my father. Then he beat me again and literally threw me out the house. There! I told you! Happy?!" I said all in one breath. I sucked in a deep breath and looked up to him for the first time since I began.

I didn't like his facial expression. He seemed pissed off and disgusted. I knew I shouldn't have told him. Why did I even tell him?!

I mentally reprimanded myself for opening up.

I squirmed out of his grip, which hurt like hell because it tightened as I told him why I was beat up.

Finally I escaped and was about to flee out my office when he grabbed my forearm. I closed my eyes and sucked in a breath. "Carter just leave me be. I get it, you probably think I'm stupid, or weak, or both... Whatever. Just-" He pulled me back to him.

We were so close out noses were almost touching as I looked up at him. "Amber, I don't think you're stupid... maybe a little weak..." He trailed off with amusement in his eyes.

I playfully slapped his chest with my good hand "Hey!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled and rested his forehead on mine "I'm just kidding. You're probably the strongest person I have ever met." He said just above a mumbled.

I stared up into his eyes and he stared down into mine.

"Amber..." He trailed off and his eyes fluttered down to my lips.

I grimaced when his eyes widened "What happened to your lip?!" He exclaimed.

~•♡•~

Hey guys!

I hope you enjoyed! Carter is back! Ash will be back later don't worry, I know we haven't seen him in a while but he's coming up too!

More Carter in the next couple of chapters!

How do you think Carter is going to react when he sees all the bruises? Because he hasn't seen the shoulder one, the one on her stomach, and he hasn't noticed her knees yet either.

Also, unrelated to the chapter questions, should I do another Carter POV soon?

Anyway, as always please vote, share, and comment!

Thanks guys!

~Ell