Chapter 48 ~ Me??

~ A m b e r ~

~ A m b e r ~

Stood.

We just stood there.

Me looking down at the ground and Carter staring at... well how would I know? I was looking at the ground.

"You look beautiful Amb..." he trailed off and I blushed a little and glanced up. Just in time to catch his eyes dragging down my figure.

I felt Ash's arm grip mine tighter and I glanced up at him, but he was glaring at Carter.

My eyes flickered over to Carter who was just now noticing Ash.

"Who's this?" He asked, his whole tone and posture shifting.

I glanced between the two before speaking up "This is one of my best friends, Ashton Anderson. Ashton, this is my coworker, Carter Rink."

Ash nodded curtly.

Carter glared at him one more time before looking over at me. "Amber..." he trailed off and his eyes flickered to everything in the room but me.

"Can we talk?"

Then he quickly added after a mere moment of thought "alone."

Then he glared at Ash, who shook his head and stepped away a little, taking me with him.

"Absolutely not. Go 'talk' with your girlfriend." Ash rudely said.

My eyes rapidly flew between the two.

"She-" Carter got cut off by the clicking of heels.

Click.

Clack.

Click.

Clack.

"Her heels are so. Fucking. Loud." I whispered.

Ash chuckled and nodded "They really are. Plus they are like 10 inches! She is bound to fall flat on her face."

I laughed but quickly stop when Poppy gets to our little group.

"Well I will take this as my leave." I say quickly and duck my head, ready to run off. But a light grip on the crook of my elbow freezes me in my stop.

"Don't leave again." I strained to hear Carter say.

"Why hello Ms. Lynn. What a lovely ball you have set up." Poppy says sounding generally sweet.

I glanced back at her and immediately saw through her facade when her eyes flickered to Carter's hand on my arm and a tiny frown, barely noticeable, form on her face. But she quickly wiped it clean.

"Thank you." I said with a tiny smile.

Which was absolutely fake might I add.

We all stood in awkward silence until Jan walked up and tapped Ash.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?"

Ash hesitated but nodded. As they were retreating Jan nodded with a thumbs up and winked, mouthing "I'll take care of him. Enjoy!"

Bitch.

"Erm...." I mumbled some nonsense about leaving and was about to rush off after Ash and Jan when Carter blurted "We're not together!"

I froze.

Everybody within earshot froze.

Poppy seemed shocked, which quickly faded into anger.

"You're choosing this slut over me?!" She spat in my face then turned to face Carter in shock.

I felt my blood boil but it froze to ice and a dark blue black feeling clawed at my heart when he shook his head and stated "No."

Poppy visually relaxed and I curtained my face with my hair, averting my gaze.

I was about to attempt to leave again when he spoke up "I'm not choosing a slut over you because Amber is not a slut. Although I would choose her even if she were a slut." Carter said with much venom.

My head snapped up in shock and Poppy took a step back, away from us.

"U-uhm..." she stuttered but Carter just shrugged.

Her eyes shot to me and narrowed to paper thin slits "You!"

I pointed to myself "Me??" I acted shocked and Carter snickered.

Her frown deepened "You will regret this!" She declared.

I looked over my right shoulder, then my left, then back at her and pointed at myself again "Me??"

She humphed and stomped off.

Right when she was out of ear shot Carter and I broke into a fit of laughter.

~•♡•~

Hey guys!

I hope you liked this chapter! Next two or three chapters will be filled with sweet and romantic moments!

Get ready!

What do you think is going to happen next?

Do you think there will be more drama before I add in the romance or will I go right into the romance?

I hope you enjoyed!

As always please vote, share, and comment!

Thanks guys!

~Ell