30

Camila's POV
5 days later

I was finally getting out, even though I was getting out my head was still all over the place and I had so many questions that I had to ask.

Why was I shot?
Who shot me?
Did Lauren know something?
Why was she here all day everyday?
Why was there a cop outside my door?

Millions of questions running through my mind that I was going to get answers too.

I was currently getting dressed and Lauren was taking me to the station so I could give a statement which I wasn't too keen on but I had too.

"Ready?" Lauren asked as I walked out the bathroom and I nodded. She took my bag and we walked to her car.

15 minutes later we pulled up at the station and I hesitantly got out the car and Lauren walked into the station behind me.

"I'm here to give a statement I'm Camila Cabello" I said to the woman at reception and she led me to a room.

Lauren and I sat in the room waiting for a cop to come in.

"It'll be okay" Lauren said and the door opened.

"Hello I'm Detective Miller" the man said sitting down on his chair across from me.

"Hi" I croak out and Lauren holds my hand tightly in hers sensing my nerves.

"So Camila can you explain everything to me from the night you were taken up to your discharge from hospital?" The man asks and I nod.

"I was walking around after I got in an argument with my friend and I walked along an old forest trail my mum used to take me to and then someone grabbed me. I was then threw into a van and there was another girl there Zoe" I said and then began thinking about Zoe and wondering if she was okay.

"We both got dragged into this house and into a basement, that's when I discovered it was my ex girlfriend, a few hours later she took me and Zoe into the living room and she....she forced herself on me" I said and the memories came flooding back and I gripped Lauren's hand tighter.

"Once she was done she was annoyed I didn't want her and told me to go upstairs and when I did someone grabbed me and threw me into a room he said his name was Ty, he also forced himself on me" I said and I looked at Lauren who looked disgusted by what I was saying.

"I then got taken to some room which was my room and it had pictures of Lauren and I all over it. The next day Emma mentioned Lauren was in the house seeing Ty so I acted as if I wanted Emma like kissing her ect on the couch near the door. Ty and Lauren walked down and they needed to talk to Emma. Emma kissed my neck and that's when I got Lauren's attention and she helped me from there." I explained and the man nodded.

"What about in hospital?" He asked and I didn't exactly know what to say. "The attack in the hospital" he rephrased.

"I remember waking up during the night and seeing Lauren asleep on the chair and as I was looking at Lauren the door opened so I pretended to be back asleep cause I didn't want company cause it was like 4am or something. I saw a figure that looked like the one who shot me in the house and it approached me and I tried to see what the figure looked like but I only saw dark blue eyes and one strand of brown hair but it looked like a male and then I don't really remember the rest." I said and he nodded.

"Thankyou Camila we will be in touch" he said and Lauren and I exited the station and made our way to her car.

I sit in Lauren's car and I'm completely out of it it's like I'm not even in the car. I'm becoming more and more confused about Lauren.

I have a feeling she knew about it, it was her boyfriend and she has kidnapped me before so it wouldn't be a surprise.

"Did you know something about the kidnapping?" I ask and Lauren looks at me completely shocked.

"No?" She says sounding very confused and I just hum in response.

Lauren pulls the car over in some parking lot and turns to face me.

"You don't trust me do you?" Lauren asked and I sighed

"Lauren it was your boyfriend I'm struggling to believe that you never knew anything about it" I say and I can practically see Lauren's anger build.

"If you don't trust me why are you sitting in the car with me?" She snaps and I look at her taken back by her snapping at me.

"Lauren are you serious right now I've dealt with a lot and my trust with everyone is probably all over the place" I say and Lauren rolls her eyes.

"Get out" she spits and I don't even argue, I get out the car and call Dinah to come get me.

Dinah is here in 10 minutes and I realise Lauren's car is still there and she's on the phone to someone.

"Mila What happened?" Dinah asked and I nod at Lauren's car.

"She kicked me out her car cause I asked if she knew anything about the kidnapping" I said and Dinah stormed over to Lauren's car and opened the door and dragged Lauren out. 

"What the fuck?!" Lauren shouted and Dinah crossed her arms

"What did I tell you in the bathroom?" Dinah asked and Lauren rolled her eyes.

"I know what you told me Dinah" Lauren said and Dinah scoffed.

"And yet you fuck up in a matter of a few hours" Dinah spits.

"I don't mean too" Lauren says and Dinah rolls her eyes.

"Well you've known the girl a few weeks she's starting to feel something for you and you've made her feel like shit again Lauren. You keep making mistakes and she keeps forgiving you, you promise you'll do better and not leave but one day Lauren she's going to give up on you because she realised you've never changed and there's only so much forgiving one girl can do" Dinah said and I saw Lauren tense.

"I'm young Dinah I'm suppose to make mistakes, I fall for the wrong people, I kiss the wrong boys, I break peoples hearts, I wing most of my shit, I do bitchy things, I've been hurt more than I show so I push away the ones I love. I've already fucked up my life I haven't been to university and I want to go but I have no clue how to pay for it. I'm learning. If you don't fuck up you don't learn Dinah. Making bad choices leads to a great story in the future. I can't live my life feeling guilty for every mistake I make because I'm not living my life if I do that" I hear Lauren say and Dinah looks at her.

"Talk to her" Dinah says and I see Lauren walking over to me.

"Hey" she says and I smile.

"Hey" I say nervously.

"About us, I'm sorry I don't think the timing is right" Lauren says and I get angry.

"Bullshit" I spit and Lauren raises her eyebrows at me.

"You can't choose when people come into your life lauren or when the timing is right. When someone special comes into your life you push through all your issues and shit to be with them no matter how tough things are and no matter how hard you struggle, you end up getting over the struggle and the bad things. Bad things are inevitable Lo and it's not up to you to say it's not the right timing because when is the timing ever right? In 8 years when you have a steady job and a house and a good income? Are you going to wait that long?" I say and Lauren looks at me tears in her eyes.

"Because Lauren once the bad shit is over and you get that one glimpse of hope in your life and all the good shit is happening, the person who came into your life when it was a "bad time" won't be there when you suddenly decide it's the right time, there is never a right time for anything it just happens and when you find someone who comes into your fucked up life and still wants to be there let them and stop being such a wimp" I say and Lauren just stands there.

"You don't decide when the timings right Lauren cause if the person actually meant anything to you the timing wouldn't fucking matter" I finish and walk away leaving her to stand and process all the shit I said and leave her to deal with it by herself cause I'm over it.