12

I woke up to the sun shining through the curtains lighting up the room and the birds chirping. I sat up and look around I was in a bed in a room with cream walls and it didn't look familiar, I got out of bed and grabbed my crutches and made my way out of the room.

"Chris?" I said as I was making my way down the hall. I could hear the tv on downstairs.

"Chris?" I said again at the top of the stairs, I slowly made my way down and saw a girl on the couch but I never saw chris.

"Excuse me? I said and the girl stood up and slowly turned around, my jaw dropped it was lauren.

" Camila" I heard her say and I made my way over to her.

"I don't want to see you" I spat and tried to make my way away from her and I felt her grab my shoulder and spin me around.

"I get that your mad Ca-"she began but I cut her off.

"You don't get that I'm mad I am furious, you fucking put me up for a trade or whatever bullshit this is, I am a human lauren a fucking person not some pawn you can trade for something better. But the best part of it is that you have a girlfriend which you never told me about but let me kiss you lauren i fucking let my guard down and thought you were different but how I was wrong I'm so stupid" I vented and Lauren looked completely shocked.

"She isn't my girlfriend, I had a thing with her but it meant nothing" she said stepping closer to me, "I first saw you and I thought Chris could use someone like you but that was before I knew you before I knew how great you were before I felt something for you." She said taking another step.

"How do I know that it meant nothing? How do I know I mean something?" I asked and she thought for a minute.

"I don't know how to prove it to you just now but I'll figure it out" she said and I fake smiled.

"What if I was interested in Chris?" I asked and I saw the pain flash in her eyes.

"If your interested in Chris then I'd back off" she said and I felt my gut twist.

"I want you lauren I want to get to know you, I'm curious about you" I said and she smiled and walked to the couch and I followed and sat down.

"I'm born and raised here in Miami I am Cuban American, I was born here and the rest of my family was born in Cuba, I speak Spanish, I am close with my brother and my sister and I lost touch a few years ago after my parents died and I am gay" she tells me and I smile at the fact she told me that.

"I was born in Cuba but my mum brought me and my sister here, we came here with nothing but the clothes on her back and we made a living here, I speak fluent Spanish it's my first language and I learned English by watching TV, I am Bisexual, my mum and dad are still together and I'm an upcoming musician" I told Lauren forgetting she knew half of this stuff but she acted if it was new information.

Before Lauren or I could say anything the front door opened and in walked Chris.

"Hey guys" he said smiling at lauren and I. "How's the knee" Chris asked gesturing to the annoying cast on my leg.

"I didn't even notice that" Lauren chuckled and Chris smiled.

"It's getting better Thankyou chris" I said smiling at him.

"Camila I was wondering if you minded Lauren staying here for a couple weeks" he asked me and I looked at him confused.

"Why are you asking me?" I asked and he smiled at me.

"This is your house too, yeah you are being held here but I am not mean like Charlie your opinion matters" he explained and I smiled at how sweet he was to me.

"I don't mind" I said smiling at Lauren who smiled back at me.

"I'm going out of town for the weekend Lauren do you mind watching Camila?" He asked and Lauren looked at me biting her lip and she shook her head and Chris nodded, grabbing the suitcase which was at the front door, he hugged Lauren and I goodbye and he left.

"Let the fun begin darling" lauren said biting her lip and sweeping me off my feet and lying me on the couch.

She turned the Tv on and for the rest of the day we lay there cuddled, ate junk food and got to know each other.

My heart races when she's near me and it's confusing me but I'm not letting my guard down too easily but with Lauren it's as if I have no control over my guard.