28 and unsupervised.

I was standing over the stove worried half to death. I burned the apology dinner I was cooking for Aj. I can't do a damn thing without fucking it up. I ended up ordering pizza or something since it was to late to cancel. Seth walked in shaking his head,"Way to go Jonny Boy, way to go." I turned to him,"I told you call me Dean. No matter what I'm Dean Ambrose, not Jonathan Good." It's not that I didn't like my real name, I did, but I preferred Dean. "So what are you gonna do for dinner?" "Pizza, I don't have time for anything else." I sat on the counter. Not being able to cook sucks I mean how am I ever going to cook for anybody in the future? Guess I'm not. Seth stood in front of me, looking at me like he usually does when I've been drinking and is trying to figure out how drunk I am and said,"Dude, no wonder you burned dinner, you're hammered." "Great observation skills Rollins, what was your first clue? The slurred words or the red eyes?" He sighed,"You know, if you sobered up a little more, you'd be liked a lot more." "I'm not in the business to be liked, I'm in it to beat peoples asses. Legally, for once. That and I just love wrestling." "I'm just saying. Dean, you're my best friend and I love you brother but you should really control the alcohol usage." "Hey," I hopped off the counter and got in his face,"Am I sober for work? Huh? Do you see me showing up to work drunk? Stumbling in the ring trying to wrestle? Hm? No, I didn't think so. So do me a favor Colby," I grinned because now I was using his real name and that got his attention, "Be less of a parent, more like a friend." We stood face to face and I just smiled at him because I knew he wouldn't swing on me. We stood like that for a good ten minutes until we heard Roman,"Everything okay?" Seth broke the staring competition and backed up,"Of course big man," Seth managed a smile at Reigns,"Everything's good." "Then come on you two, pizza's here and so are the guests." We followed him out and Seth saw Kaitlyn was here so that was the end of his hostility toward me. Well, actually mine toward him. I love Seth, two tones and all, he was my brother. So was Roman but sometimes they could be like mom and dad with me. I'm 28, I don't need a babysitter. I watched Seth with Kaitlyn and saw how in love they were and it made me slightly jealous that he had someone to kiss and hug and do things with regularly. I sat down not really paying attention to much of anything except the couples around me. Alicia and Roman weren't like Seth and Kaitlyn when it came to affections in public but every now and then, you could see them gazing at one another. I guess thats how marriage works. They've been married for like two years now but still love each other like they were dating still. Being the only single member of The Shield was really easy and really hard at the same time. In a way, that's why I started fooling around with Summer. So I wouldn't be entirely alone but that's just a sex thing with her. I looked at Naomi and Jimmy next and they had their own little conversation among the others. They're relationship was more than like a couple, they were like best friends. If I ever had someone, I'd want it to be like theirs the most. My gazing was interrupted by the door and I quickly got up,"She's here!" Everyone chuckled but I didn't care, Aj was here. I practically ran to the door and swung it open, instantly smiling. I nodded at her, keeping my cool,"Aj." "Ambrose." "Where's Phil?" I asked even though I didn't really care. "He's home with a virus. He told me to come here without him so I wouldn't catch it." "Aj!" Kaitlyn broke away from Seth so quickly and ran to Aj hugging her. Aj hugged her back tight. I forgot they were best friends. I closed the door, kinda directing them out of the hall and into the house. "Aj, guess what? Pizza!" Roman smiled. "Hey, I'm down for pizza, you know it." "Better hurry before big man eats it all." I smiled and everyone laughed. Kaitlyn let her go and sat down to finish her pizza. She turned to me,"I thought you were cooking, mr.apology dinner." I shrugged,"It's a long story."