Chapter 18

A week later, Kacchan came to spend a night in my room.

Doctors and supervisors came in to check if I was doing anything weird and gave me anti-depressants.

I just smiled at him as we watched TV.

"You know that I never hated you, I-I j-just hated myself. But you gave me this implantation to let me speak, y-you gave me strength, you spared me. This is h-honestly...odd." I say. My stutter was getting better, speech therapy was helping a lot.

"Yeah, and sorry for being a dick to you when we were younger. I just...I did it because I didn't understand." He said. I looked at him confusingly.

"You were so weak. But you were so weak because you had no quirk, you had a weak body, but you kept fighting. And I hated it. How could someone so weak be trying so hard? But now I why, because you aren't weak. You're strong, and that's what I failed to understand." He said.

"I failed to understand that things that seem fragile and weak are the greatest asset." He said. I looked at him and then looked at my hands, curled up in my beds colorful blanket.

"B-But... I'm not. I'm not strong at all, y-you're just flattering me." I say.

"Not at all! I appreciate you so much." He said. "And also, I have a request for you.."

"Aha! S-So there is a catch!" I said to him jokingly. He snorted and continued.

"Do you...Do you want to come back to class?" He asked.

I froze. Class?

Where I'm to be ridiculed, despised and hated by everyone who originally liked me until they found out I was a two-faced asshole who deceived them into thinking I was good?

I rambled inside my head.

"I-I...I don't know. Will the others be f-fine with me there?" I asked.

"They helped pay for the device that helps you speak now. They'll be happy to have you back." Kacchan said. I smiled at him to reassure him that I would be fine.

But I wasn't. In fact, I was terrified. What would the others think of me? What would my education be like?

I'm scared of the possibilities that could occur.

I'm scared, so scared.

✿⋘───《●○●》───⋙✿

The next morning Kacchan left early in the morning and went to school.

I had my TV to keep me company, and they also had video games.

They gave me a 3DS, Switch, PS4, and an Xbox One X.

I wondered why they spent so much money on me when I obviously wasn't worth it.

I could requests foods, and some of the people in the facility found me "cute" because of my kid taste buds.

Hey, if I like chicken nuggets and soup don't judge me. It tastes great.

But, I was lonely. Sure, the conditions are better, but people rarely visit.

Even my own mom or that's what I thought.

"You have a visitor." A woman said and opened the door for the guest. I was shocked that someone would come over.

It was my mother.

"I-Izuku!" She bawled and hugged me. She looked tired, but she had a sparkle in her eye when she looked at me.

I was happy, she didn't forget about me.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I knew there was something wrong! I knew that something was troubling my baby, but I only thought about it because maybe you grew out of your hero stage, or because you had an argument with your friends!