✿Chapter 4✿

Steady breathing. Just keep keeping and you'll get through this- In and out, in and out... Dear god, it fucking hurt. Every time I inhaled, it felt as if I was choking on pins and needles.

The villains didn't... They didn't take kindly to me being defective. They just can't blame me for wanting to, they're not really giving me a reason to stay here. But the one thing that I hid expertly, making sure my expression and how uncomfortable I was didn't show.

I hid the tracking device successfully. I wedged it in between the cracked concrete wall. I was so blessed that they were the same color, so the heroes were bound to come at some point. I didn't necessarily like heroes, but I learned the hard way that trying to do something for myself would never work.

I heard the cell door creak open, revealing a messy light blue-haired figure. They stumbled inside with a roll of bandages in their hand, approaching me and wrapping it carefully around my existing wounds as to not accidentally disintegrate anything.

I felt like porcelain. Pretty and on display, yet weak. A small tap on a hard surface and it'll chip away.

They decided knives were a good thing to teach me a lesson along with a multitude of other things. Toga ran a knife so deep into my skin that I swear I could see the bone of my arm. It was just a huge dent in my arm, cleanly cut and fileted. They didn't give proper treatment. Slapping a bandage on and hoping for the best would never work.

I knew the wound would end up festering and eat away at my body if these damn heroes didn't come soon. Everything is set up for you dammit so just hurry up—

After he patched up my entire body, he picked my body up from the blood-soaked floor and laid me down on the uncomfortable and dirty makeshift bed. He left without saying anything, but I didn't want to hear him talk anyways.

Tired. I was tired, so tired. My neck hurt, my mouth was dry, I couldn't speak.

I couldn't speak for god's sake, they decided a decent punishment would be one thing and one thing only—

Ripping out my vocal cords. I remembered it so vividly. They tranquilized me and held me down so I couldn't move, but there was no anesthesia. The whole entire operation was felt.

The scalpel slowly pressing down on the skin of my throat, beads of blood seeping out as they did it oh so meticulously as to not puncture my airways, cutting out my voicebox and vocal cords.

Not a sound could escape from my lips after that. Odd gasps of air, groans, and sighs were the only thing I could do. I was rendered useless.

I seethed. I seethed in hatred, hatred for all of these people who decided that they had the power to change someone like this, they could make things worse or better. I hated them. Both heroes and villains, I despised them. Ignorance is a curse, and it seemed they had all of it in the world.

I was unsure if I was even allowed to plead and to think of such things. Was I allowed to even wish for things? Was I even allowed to hope for something good to happen? I wished for it anyway, ignoring the consequences of bad karma and jinxed everything I had.

"Send me a savior."

✿Katsukis POV✿

I slammed on the table when I looked through the security footage again. Fuck, fuck it. Fuck my life. I saw it all, Deku trying to play hero and stand up for himself. What a fucking dumbass.

He changed. I ground my teeth together, remembering his fucking expression as he repeated the words that he said to him before.

"Go take a swan dive off a roof."